Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Hearts and Ribbons

Yesterday the new sketch went live over on The Sketch File - it would be fab if you'd have a look and even better if you'd join in with us and make something using the sketch - doesn't matter what sort of crafting you do, or what sort of thing you make - the more the merrier.
I've made a card for the newly released Funky Hand download collection I Heart You using the sketch.  Using a "congratulations" sentiment means it could be for pretty much any special occasion.  
Here's the sketch
and a full view of the card
Materials:
All papers (background papers and those used to make the flowers) by Funky Hand  from the "I Heart You" download collection
Green card for Leaves, Pink Heart shaped gems, faux brads made with scraps of the same FH papers
Seam Binding, Lace, organza ribbon flower, dotty white organza ribbon
Tools:
Sketch: February's LO idea from The Sketch File
Roses made with Marianne die se, others are hand cut coiled flowers.
punch for leaves is by Nellie Snellen, Circle punch,
EK Success border punch, Glossy Accents, Decal sticker sentiment
I love the colour palette in this collection, with: a great mix of soft pastels and deeper, stronger shades too.  Click HERE to go to the Funky Hand website and find out more about this and other download collections, the Fabulous Papercraft Factory CDs and the other Fabulous Funky Stash Anice has on offer - including a great price on things like Glossy Accents and Promarkers....


Do you like ribbon - and would you like to win a fab ribbon-filled prize?
The seam binding, dotty organza ribbon, narrow lace  and the organza ribbon flower with the pearly centre are from Creative Treasures - Tracy, who owns this fabulous shop has some blog candy on offer atm.  This is the gorgeous bundle of joy you could win - visit Tracy's BLOG to find out how to be in with a chance of winning.
I think that my crafty mojo, which has stayed away during recent weeks, despite my being confined to the study during the early stages of the building work seems to be coming back. I've got a few things I really want to get down to making, and as the power is about to go off while our electrician does some work on the new electrickery stuff, I'm going to sit at my desk and put plans into action!
Thanks for visiting today, don't forget to click all the links |I've added in this message hehehe
Back soon with more new stuff

3 comments:

Anice said...

A completely beautiful card..thank you so much for making my download papers look so good! Now I'm going to have to click all your links and join in where I can..you're bad for me getting work done!!
Anice xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab card, really pretty!

Kaz said...

Too right your mojo has returned, this card is just gorgeous Kathy. xxx