Thursday, June 02, 2011

2 Pages, 1 Bag and a Few Garden Photos

So much for getting my blog up to date.
I'm not sure who is stealing away all the days just now, but I'd really like it if they'd stop!  Anyway, as I'm in a bit of a procrastination phase - got a card to make for a customer and I don't know where to start  - I'll just have a quick blog while I mull it over for a bit longer. 
Last time I blogged I showed a card made using the May sketch on The Sketch File blog (we have blog candy over there atm.....;-) ), today I'd like to share something else using the same sketch.  It's a page from a mini album I'm making - we're life members of English Heritage already, but as an anniversary present to ourselves last July we bought a year's membership of the National Trust - I thought it would be good to make a record of all the NT places we visit through our year.  If you're a regular visitor you'll know my track record for finishing projects like tihis isn't the greatedt, but never mind, here we go again!
I used the LO sketch for the right side of a double page spread 
 
The left side page sort of echoes the LO with the matching paper strips, but has a little piece about the location and the addition of some paper buttons along the lower edge
The June sketch is ready and will be up on the Sketch File blog soon. remember projects made using it will also be entered for the blog candy - if you make something for each of the May and June sketches then you'll get TWO chances of winning Jackie's fab bundle of goodies.
Something else from the "forgot to blog this" file here's a teeny weeny carrier bag - made to present a jewellery birthday gift.  I've used an idea from an online class the fabulous Beckie Dreyer did quite a few years ago now it's been one of those brilliant projects that gets used time and time again - so a big Thank You once again to Beckie! 
At this dinky size, this one is seriously cute though at no more than 7cms high!
Finally a few photos taken in the garden this morning, click on them for a closer look.  It's a shame I didn't get some shots of the clematis a bit earlier as they're past their best now - but it's been too windy to do any photos really





Right, I can't pout it off any longer, I must get that card done and ready to parcel up.  Then I might even get a chance to do some of the other stuff on the "to do" list.
Thanks for visiting today, please come by again soon xxx

5 comments:

Kaz said...

Oh dear the BFofP has struck again has she??
You've managed to cover yourself though by blogging a load of gorgeousness and I shall forgive you ha ha ha.

Your peonies are just gorgeous xxx

Beckie said...

love the book Kathy and of course the wee bag! xxx

Oscar said...

Your album is gorgeous, I love the colours used. And how cute is that little bag?!

Kate said...

Great album Kathy. have you made it with a bind-it-all?

Anonymous said...

Lovely pages Kathy and that little gift bag is mega cute. Gorgeous flower pics too....x