Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? hehe
Thinking of an idea for a birthday card for one of my cousins I came up with using some good old silhouettes. I realised that if I got all the figures to roughly the same size, and made them fit roughly into a square pattern I could resize the whole configuration to cut the top layer of a card. Using this for the upper layer of a card meant that I was left with lots of little cut-out cricketers to use on another card.
Actually it didn't work out quite so neatly as I made a small error in version 1 and had to cut them again - I now have lots more little cricketers than planned, but never mind!
I cut the cricketers from plain white cardstock to leave the little apertures, added scraps of chipboard to the reverse and glued to dark green Bazzill. The light green Bazzill layer is about 0.5cms bigger all round.
For the "cricket balls" on both cards I glued Red Bazzill onto scrap chipboard then cut using a suitable size circle from a Cuttlebug (you can usually find the right thing if you check your die collection!). Once I'd added them to the cards I added a layer of Glossy Accents.
I've used a few of the cut out cricketers for the second card and just matted onto the same shades of card. Cricket balls as above, and both have home made rub-on decal sentiments.
Builders are here finishing the insulation and boarding ready for the plasterer to come and do his stuff. Hubby's home-working today so sharing in the tea-making duties!
Right, I'm off to make a presentation wallet of some kind for gift tokens for my SiL's birthday.Have a great day, thanks for popping by