Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's the Funky Fifteenth!

First exciting piece of Funky Hand news is that this week we've welcomed FIVE new members to the design team.  It's always sad to see members leave the team, but it's usually because they have exciting new things  (crafty or otherwise) going on in their lives which makes it a bit easier to wave them off to "pastures new".  Over the last few weeks we've had to do a fair bit of "waving goodbye" but now we're saying "hello and welcome" to Faye, Jenny, Amanda, Paula and Jackie who have been recruited by Anice to join the team and a really really exciting time - there are lots and lots of new things on the Funky Horizon....

The first of these "new things" is the re-launch of the Get Funky! Challenge Blog.  Over the last few weeks the Gang have put our heads together and come up with a new way of using the monthly challenges.

To start with, the new challenge won't be issued on the first day of the month any more.  Instead you need to ring the 15th of the month - the FUNKY FIFTEENTH to be exact!. No longer will there be a new challenge followed by a whole long post filled with the things the Funky Hand Gang have made - from now on one of the team will be the "hostess" for the month; she'll issue the challenge and start the ball rolling with her project - then every couple of days one of the other girls will show the project they've made for the challenge and maybe even give a "How to", or some hints and tips or a useful link.  All this will hopefully keep you coming back for more and keep the Funky Hand challenge in your sights - there's always been a prize on offer and that's not going to change - some lucky person will still receive a Fab and Funky voucher to spend in the Funky Hand shop each month.  Oh, and there will be a new FREEBIE every month too.  Head over to GET FUNKY! to find out all you need to know....
The second "new thing" also happens this weekend.  Our very first Funky Fifteenth sees the release of Funky Hand's very first Acrylic stamp sets - they feature "Our Betty" and she's fab!  There are four different sets of stamps to collect, you can see them all HERE.
There's a different Betty image in each set plus lots of useful and fun images and sentiments too
You all know by now that stamping and colouring in stuff really isn't my "thing" (crikey, I even had to go and buy my first ever promarkers to use with these!) so you'll have to just ignore my poor efforts at colouring - just remember that if they look OK when I use them - they are going to look just FAB when you do!
I've been playing with the "Your Special Day" stamp set over the last couple of weeks, if you take a wander around the blogs of the other team members you'll see more of this set and the other three sets too.
I totally chickened out of the whole colouring thing with my first Betty cards
For the first I just one stamped her with black ink and used the fab "Darkness Lifts" papers from the "Dreams Come True" CD.  I thought a bright pink ribbon would work well with this one
 Still in the B&W with a Dash mind-set I used the gorgeous gift box stamp with the same papers. I stamped the image on the two papers, then cut out the lid section from the darker version, and with a bit of scrap chipboard between the layers, glued it in place.  I did actually use a green pen for the ribbons, but I went over that with some lime green Stickles - I also added some Stickles to a couple of the buttons.  The simple Happy Birthday stamp is also from the "Your Special Day" set .  
So, that's quite enough for one day - and there's still more exciting stuff to come for Funky Hand! I bet you're saying "ohhh surely not!, I can't take any more excitement...." but you're going to have to wait a bit longer for the next BIG news, so you'll be able to get your breath back hehehe oh, and check out the Funky Fifteenth on Get Funky! (don't forget the freebie....)
Thanks for visiting, please pop back soon


7 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab cards, the new stamps look fun and now I know why you listed Promarkers in your supplies yesterday - I did wonder!

Hazel said...

Black and white with a dash of hot pink it one of my favourite combos - and you have used it to such good effect x

cookcreateread said...

Oooh Lovely cards Kathy! Very funky! :)

Janice said...

Stamping Kathy!!!! I did wonder how you would cope when I saw the new stamps on the Funky Hand site lol! Nice job there, maybe Anice will convert you ;)

Jackie said...

Great cards Kathy......and if the Betty stamps have got you in stamping mode they must be fab!! Thanks too for the lovely welcome.

The date on my One World post is to keep it at the top of my blog once it gets to that date (which is when One World finishes) it disappears like all the others. xx

Traceyr said...

ooo that card is wonderful with the lime green stickles on. mmmmm


:)

Kaz said...

Well as soon as you said stamps I did wonder Kathy!! I am sure you will do a fab job but I did chuckle at the black and white card! Love both cards xxx