Friday, November 28, 2008

Add a dash of pink

Friday is always Daring Cardmakers Day of course, and this week it's Jane's turn to set the challenge.

She gave us a nice Christmassy one to play with and asked us to design our cards on a theme of:
White Christmas,
but with a hint of Pink.

A good chance to practise leaving white space, I thought - I'm still struggling with that concept!
I've tried to keep the design really simple, in my head it was even simpler, but there was too much of that dreaded white space so I had to fill some of it up a bit!
I've made a couple of cards - thought I should make the effort to add to my box of cards

The trees are from last year's Cuttlebug "Winter" set, I cut them first in card, then in felt and stuck the two layers together. I mounted them onused white glitter card and bright pink Bazzill The gorgeous pink and white striped ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis

My 2nd card is a mini DL shape. The xoxoxox ribbon was some I had left over from my Bubbly Funk "Hugs & Kisses" kit from a few months ago. This time it's the new Cuttlebug tree, cut i white felt and card as before. I wound thin pink wire around the tree, added a pink flet pot, a few beads and a few blobs of pink glitter glue.

I'm planning on doing a few more using the same sort of design - I still need to bulk out my "Christmas Cards Made" box - my plan to get them all finished before the end of November looks like a failure atm.

Do head over to the DCM blog if you can and see what the others have come up with. We'd love you to join in with the dare and maybe this will help you bulk up your Christmas card stock too!

10 comments:

Hazel said...

These are unusual - and lovely!

Bubbles said...

Just seen your cards on Daring Cardmakers and had to come and say how gorgeous they are. So stylish, not sure I could leave so much card bare, but must have a go!
Joanne x

Angelnorth said...

See, fighting your inner clutter makes for a quick and stylish card! These look fab Kathy, I especially like the second one (which, funnily enough, probably has the bigger proportion of white space!)

Kaz said...

Those are lovely cards Kathy. Well done on the simplicity. The more you do, the easier it gets!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Your white space looks fabulous Kathy. :o)

xxx

Karen said...

ands so do your pink trees!!!!

Powerful Search Engine said...

These are fab! Pascale :)

Ruthie said...

Love both the cards Katy. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Love those cards Kathy, very contemporary! :)

Vanessa.

Judy said...

You always make the most fabulous cards, Kathy, love all the work you put into them!!
JudyNZ