Friday, February 12, 2010

Have a Heart

Well, over on the Daring Cardmakers, the winner of the Martha Stewart punch and stamp set has just been drawn.  If you think you fulfilled the criteria given on last week's challenge (you'd be surprised at how many people didn't seem to notice that bit, but Sue kept a spreadsheet to check) then hop right over to the BLOG and see if you've our lucky winner.
This week we've all about TLC (Tender Loving Care) and we'd like you to share the love by adding a heart to your card, or making a heart shaped card, or using hearts to make an embellishment - anything really as long as you put your heart into it!
With Valentine's Day in mind I've made a card to give to my Hubby.  
 I've used 7 Gypsies paper for the background
The hearts are Robo cut - cut first in card and then various different papers for the tops.  Some were glued straight onto the base, others raised on bits of scrap chipboard.
The heart button on the lowest heart was covered with dark pink Stickles as the original was a bit too pink to get away with
Ribbons, buttons, fibres and Run-Ons are from my stash.

Now I just need to cut some little elephants out to put inside.
Why?
Because there's a song by "The Feeling" which has the line "All I wanted was some evidence that you really loved me"  Hubby always sings along substituting "elephants" for "evidence"  so I thought I'd add the elephants that I really love him to this card.  Everybody say aaaahhhhhh!
 Originally the elephants were going on the front holding heart-shaped balloons, but for some reason I forgot about that when I started making it.

He works at home on Fridays, but he's just popped out to the optician so I have to be quick and get these done while he's out.

The cards the team have made this week are sooooo lovely, loads of ideas and inspiration for adding hearts to your cards, I hope you'll check them all out.  We'd love it if you'd join in with the DARE too - let's spread some TLC all around Blog-land this week.

Back next time with the cards I've made using the newest set of Crafty Templates, finally got them finished at about 10 last night.  Good job the alarm goes off a bit later on Friday mornings!
Thanks for visiting

11 comments:

Lisa Hemmings said...

Kathy, the valentines card is gorgeous! hope you don't mind, but I thought I might "borrow" the idea to make one for my hubby?
Hope you have a "love"ly weekend!
Lisa xx

Karen said...

Awe you soppy girl you!!! This is a beautiful card Kathy! XXX

Lythan said...

I'd love to see it with the nellies on too! Absolutely fab Mrs B :)

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic Valentine and I'm sure the elephants will raise a smile!

Lynda said...

Awwwww it's gorgeous Kathy - love the tumbling hearts.

Love Lynda xxx

Rika said...

Great card, love all the hearts!

Janice said...

I love all those hearts clustered together, great card.

lisa said...

I love all your hearts, Kathy. Your Hubby will love it along with his elephants!!!!
I hope you both have a lovely day.

Lisax

Hazel said...

Awwww lovely to think of those elephants - great card (sorry, thought I commented yesterday but must be losing it!) x

Traceyr said...

Brilliant card Kathy - and the elephants on the inside with be someting special. :)

Rosanne said...

Love all those layered hearts!