Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birthdays are Good for You

I'd been putting off making a Birthday card for my lovely hubby - mainly because I didn't have a clue what to put on it.
In the end I decided to make another of those pop-up cards that I've done a few times now.  There's a tutorial on Bubbly Scrumptious if you would like to have a go at making one.  I'll add the link at the end of this post.

I just had to use my wonderful sei foiled and flocked papers yet again, they really are impossible to resist, I'm already well through my second set of them.  They are the Monravia collection and I got them from the very wonderful Craftz Boutique


If you saw the Valentines card I made for him you'll already know about the "evidence" or "elephants", so I continued the theme on this card - just made the ellies a little bit bigger and gave them some copper wire springs to bounce around on - which meant it took ages to do the photos as they just wouldn't stay still hehehe
 

I've used this quotation loads of times - I saved the original version I made, with the different fonts and colours and I just change the colours and sizes to match whatever papers I'm using/

I'll tell you all about the "present" I arranged for him soon........

HERE is where you can find the tutorial for making this pop up card - while you're over there, do have a good old wander around as there are soooo many projects and ideas to get you inspired.

Thanks for looking

11 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow Kathy what a super fun card.

Love Lynda xxx

Karen said...

I LOVE the bouncing elephants on this...hubby will love it!!! XXX

tracy said...

i love it :)

Angelnorth said...

Fun card Kathy, love your bouncy evidence!

Kaz said...

That's a fab card Kathy I love those elephants xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Utterly fab.

Janice said...

Great card Kathy - you need to do a little video like the one Joanne did, bet your phone has a video feature on it, then we can see the elephants moving.

lisa said...

What a great card, Kathy. I'm sure your Hubby will love it. I had to smile when I saw the elephants again.
Have a great weekend.

Lisax

Enfys said...

Oooh, love this Kathy, so dimensional.
big hugs
En xx

Hazel said...

Fantastic bouncy elllies - love it x

maddy hill said...

kathy i think your card is gorgeous !
love the ellies !

hugs
maddy