Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crafty Circle Flowers

Here's another card made with the new set of Crafty Templates. I love the simplicity of this template and the way it allows you to have fun with the original design
I've used Cosmo Cricket's "Love Notes" papers again for this card.
First I cut out six ximple versions of the template and adhered them to a DL card blank.  I added a border along the bottom with one of the MS border punches..  Next I cut just the large circle part of the flowers again and gave them all a bit of "treatment".  Most were given a distressed edge, some were cut a tiny bit smaller and distressed, another was distressed and then had slits cut in towards the centre to make petals, another had an extra circle shape cut and distressed to add an extra layer of "petals".  One of the circles I cut into a spiral before gluing into place.  I cut the centres all from the same purple card and added a few fots of Stickles to finish them.

For the sentiment I used loads of odd letters that were left on various sheets of rub-ons, and added a few rub-on flowers to "dot" the i's
 I hope you like it

8 comments:

Lythan said...

I love it Kathy - especailly the mixed rub on sentiment. ALthough if you hadn't said I would have sworn that you had used your fave Baic Grey Fusion!

Annie said...

I love it too Cathy. Love the design and the colours you've used.
A x

Julia Dunnit said...

ep. Me likee. Love the colours being tied together with the purple.

Angelnorth said...

Love the random look of the lettering Kathy, fab funky card!

Kaz said...

Love this card Kathy xxx

Mel X said...

Hi Kathy, great card, love the papers. Very creative you are, I tend to shy away from templates - I should be more brave and just go for it lol! Can't wait to see what you come up with, with the goodies winging their way to you!!

Mel X

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful

Hazel said...

Love the way you've used all the odd letters - it's worked out really well - and the flowers are gorgoues, of course x