Monday, September 28, 2020

Cake Box



 hello there
Hope your week has got off to a good start.  I've just knocked one of my photography lamps over and broken the bulb - thankfully the whole front of the lamp was covered by one of those elasticated diffuser covers, so all the broken bits landed in that rather than on the floor, but still could have done without that happening, to be honest!
 
It was our anniversary back at the end of July, and a week or so back I shared card I made for hubby. As our lovely neighbours have been such a supportive bunch over the last few months we decided to make some cakes to share with them when we went out into the street for the usual Sunday drinks and chat.  Sadly, its going to be a bit more difficult to do that with the 'Rule of Six' now in force, but I'm sure there's a way we can still meet up, albeit in smaller groups.  Anyway, some of the 'regular' 'Sunday Drinkers' were away that day so we saved some cakes to take over when they got back.
 

Being me, I couldn't just put them in a bag, could I? 
 Plus its ages since I made anything other than a card so making a box was too much of a temptation to resist!

Info
I used 2 sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper from the same pack to make the lid and base of the box.  I would tell you where they are from because they are rather gorgeous, but I can't remember! It was pretty enough on its own, but I wanted to add a label to say what was inside, so I had to add some flowers too.  They are just simple 'rolled roses', three larger ones with some leaves in the corner of the box, and a teeny one to decorate the tag.I finished up by tying up the box with some black and white Bakers Twine

 It fits 2 large Rhubarb and Custard Cupcakes and a couple of stacks of Rocky Road slices

 

That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, You've no idea how happy it makes me when someone leaves a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous cake box and the cakes look delicious. What a nice way to treat your neighbours. Take care. Hugs Jackie