Friday, September 04, 2020

September Elemental


Hello
Hope all is well with you.  
What's the weather been like where you are - its not been great here, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll still get some sunny and bright days before the Autumn really sets in. It's bad enough seeing how the days are shortening quite dramatically just now - makes it hard for me to avoid my hibernation tendencies!

I'm making a big effort to actually get my Daring Cardmakers project blogged ahead of time - I'm writing this on Thursday afternoon rather than leaving it till Friday morning as usual, or even later as has been happening far too often recently - of course you only have my word for that....
Anyway, as its the first Friday of the month,
it’s time for September's Elemental Inspiration Challenge and Rizwana chose our beautiful mood board this time

September Elemental Inspiration Challenge

 Just pick a minimum of 3 elements from Rizwana's mood-board
 to use when making your card.
Using the Colour palette counts as 1 element..
We're looking forward to seeing what you make

Click here to see this week's design team inspiration
I'm not ready to welcome Autumn yet, so I decided to make a Christmas card - well, Winter is ages away still, isn't it (don't answer that!)
I've used the Layout of the board, some trees and a woodgrain texture as my 3 elements


Info
Fat rectangle white card blank
Squares and rectangle cut from deep blue card, the largest square was embossed with a woodgrain folder (Cuttlebug) and glued to a white square for a little extra dimension.  The various shapes were then glued in place to match the layout of the mood board
The trees and snowflakes were die-cut from white card 
To complete the card I glued 3 lengths of Blue and white Bakers Twine across the card, made a small sentiment tag and added a twine bow.
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning Christmas card. I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

gorgeous in blues today!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifulllllll Kathy
Gr Karin