Friday, September 25, 2020

'S' for September

 

Hello

I do hope you've had a good week.  i did, because we finally managed to get up to Northumberland to spend some time with my aunt and uncle, we were able to take my cousin (their son) with us as we are in a 'support bubble' with him.  It was just lovely to see them, and to spend time visiting some of my favourite places, though it would take a lot longer to visit them all!  

We were lucky enough to have some really warm sunny days and even managed a day sitting on the beach.  Being the stressy, anxious person I am, we kept away from other people when we were out and about, took picnic lunches out with us and stayed in for evening meals. 

So it was a different kind of trip, but soooo good!

Shockingly, I was organised enough to get most of my card for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge made ahead of our trip, so only had the sentiment to add yesterday - its my own challenge this week, so quite important to be as ready as I could be! 

This week its Kathy here with a letter challenge for you
 'S' for September
Please use at least three things beginning with the letter 'S' on your card this week - extra Kudos to you if you can manage
"Six (or even 7) S's for September"
ideas: stencil, sequins, song, spots, stripes, shells, scraps, silver, monogram 'S', stepper card, sea, sunshine, sandals, superhero, sunflower, stamps, shark,
Have fun, and remember to share your creations with us

Click here to see this week's design team inspiration

 Its a bit of a 'thing' on our team that whenever you set a challenge, you will struggle with your own card! This seemed such a good idea when I wrote the challenge into our calendar, but when I sat down to make something it didn't look right.  I started with the stencilling for the top panel and it was supposed to be just on a white card. The yellow shades were just lost on the white so I had to change to a deeper background to make them show up.
My 'S' elements are Stencils, Spots, Stripes, Sunflower, Splatters and Sentiment - so I managed 6 (7 if you count the word 'Sunshine)!

White card blank, cut to a fat rectangle shape, then inked with a burnt orange-red shade. 

Another piece of card was masked into a small rectangle and stencilled first with stripes in yellow, then with a spotty design stencil and a mix of yellow and orange inks over the top.  This panel was cut out and adhered to the base card.

For the sunflower I inked some 80gsm paper with a few shades of yellow and used a Tonic Studios die set to cut the petals.  I coloured some large white flower stamens with brown ink and attached through the centre of the flower

Next I used a brush and spattered some gold paint over the card before gluing the flower in place.More gold paint was added toi the centre of the flower.

The black and white striped piece and the sentiment were created on the pc and adhered in place with some thick scrap card between the layers to add more dimension

This time last week I was sitting on this beach at Druridge Bay having a picnic in the warm sunshine.  Today, we're back home, the wind is howling and the house is cold because the boiler sprung a leak last night and water started dripping through the ceiling!  Hubby switched it off and we rung the plumber who's just been round to fix it!  Typical that it was a cold morning today, eh? 

Never mind, we caught it quickly before any real damage was done, and the house will soon warm up again

Anyway, Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It is so bright and cheerful I love it. Sounds like you had a lovely trip away. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

I loved this challenge Kathy! Your creation is so bright and colourful. I'm so glad you got to get away and spend time with loved ones safely. Have a great weekend, Shabneez x