Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Anniversary 2020

 hello there
How is your week going?  The last time I wrote a midweek post was during a thunderstorm, in that heatwave when we needed to have the fan going all night long to get even a little bit of sleep!  That seems quite a long time ago now, and once again I've got a little stack of things waiting to be blogged because I've got so behind.
It was our anniversary back at the end of July, and as so often happens, I wasn't completely happy with the first card I made for hubby.  So I started again and made this one

Info
I used another 'fat' rectangle card, and started by stencilling the lovely starburst in silver and red, using a stencil from Funky Fossil
For the hearts I used a fab die set from Bright Rosa, and cut the hearts from inked red card, red flower-patterned paper and silver card with an embossed pattern.  I folded the upper hearts in half, then glued them down only along the centre line so that I could fold them up away from the card.
The black 'lace' edging is another die cut (might be from a Papercraft Society box...)
The various Black and White patterned elements and sentiment are all pc generated.
To finish I added a few punched and die cut tiny hearts and stars, and a few tiny jewels for a little more dimension


 That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, You've no idea how happy it makes me when someone leaves a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe
 

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card you have made for your hubby. That heatwave does seem to be a long way off. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

great design and a gorgeous card Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creation Kathy - sure OH loved it as much as he loves you :) Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

wow, just lovely Kathy