Monday, August 24, 2009

Result!

Does anyone know where weekends go?

Nothing exciting going on, just the usual list of errands and "stuff". The really fun bit over the last couple of weeks has been doing a spot of house-hunting with my cousin, who's finally decided to take the plunge and buy himself a house. Obviously we offered to step in and help - well you just have to, don't you! He's pretty keen on the one he saw on Saturday and took us along when he went for a second viewing yesterday. Fingers crossed it all works out for him.
Obviously as it was lunchtime and we were already out it would have been rude not to indulge in a pub lunch before coming back home. After that Hubby watched the GP and I got on with Emily's book
Yes I know I've been "getting on with Emily's book" for a while now - but.....this morning I actually finished it. I am not going to do any more tweaking, I am not going to add any more flowers, ribbon on glitter, I am not going to make a box for it, I am not going to think up any more ways to give myself more work. It is finished. Really finished. Honestly, it is.


This is the card I made to send to our eldest niece to say "Well Done" on getting such good results in her "A" Levels.

Papers are by My Little Shoebox, the word is Robo cut, I think the owl is from 2 Crafty but I'm not sure. MS border punch, red "hearts" ribbon and the little bow on the owl's head from my stash.
The flowers, orange ribbon and the heart pin are all from the fab Flower Kit from Creative Treasures. I was just about to reach for some beads to cover the point of the pin (I've mentioned before how I worry about these things!) when I realised that if I placed it all together correctly the sharp point of the pin could be safely hidden under the word, which meant I didn't have to do battle with superglue - what a result!

This kit is called "Hot and Spicy" and is stuffed full of flowers in hot colours plus some great ribbons, buttons and pins to go with them, it's a wonderful kit and really great value for money too - a fab way to boost your flower collection!


Just waiting for the last Stickles to dry on Emily's book then I'll take some pics and share them on here.
Thanks for visiting

10 comments:

Kath said...

I love the owl, Kathy. That is a great card.

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Super cute! Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy! :)
Take Care,
Kristen

Kaz said...

What a lovely card Kathy, it's so bright and vibrant!

Annie said...

Thats a really lovely card and so nice to have something really positive to make the card for. I love to see young people working hard and achieving their goals. A x

Carol Plume said...

Kathy what a fab card - I love those colours....well done to Aimee too she did really well...xx

Anonymous said...

congrats to your eldest niece for passing her A levels....I bet your a very proud Aunty.
And wonderful card...love the colour of the papers!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ahh, knowing when not to add any more, not to keep glittering, withold the ribbon - now that's a skill!

Gez Butterworth said...

Awe perfect card Kathy. Definately one too treasure.XX

Angelnorth said...

Great congrats card, love the hot colours and the owl is cute!

Traceyr said...

Brilliant card Kathy - I love the colours! :)