Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Em's Book 2

Cor!
It's blowing a hoolie out there today. At least the rain we started the day with has been blown away and it's quite sunny again. I don't like windy days though - plays havoc with my hayfever, even when I'm indoors most of the time.

I'm back with the rest of the photos of the little book I made as part of Emily's birthday present. For some reason this one took ages to make and kept throwing up problems, maybe it was because I've made a couple of these already and wasn't concentrating so hard on what I was doing - wouldn't be the first time that happened!

Never mind, it's all done, in the post and on it's way so fingers crossed it arrives in time.

I discovered that names with an even number of letters are easier to deal with on a zig zag book like this. An odd number means you can't make it nice and symmetrical, so I made a little beach-hut style house to put on the back of the front cover and then a photo page either side of the letter pages.

This is a closer look at the letter pages - I used a mix of chipboard letters (from Bubbly Funk Shop) and their negatives for these.

Side 2 of the book is given over to photo display pages.
I asked my SIL if she had any nice pics of Emily as when I looked at ours she's always pulling a daft face! It was great when a few photos arrived in my mailbox because it meant I could crop and print out a few to pop in the pages - nicer in this instance I think than leaving it blank.

Rather than just glue photos into this book, I've made all the display pages with corners and other holding devices so that the pics can be taken out and changed easily.

I even added one of Em with her little brother - but I've kept it small - not everyone wants their little brother's daft grin plastered all over the place, do they?

Papers and die-cut flowers are "Pretty Please" by MME
Chipboard alpha from Bubbly Funk
Ribbons, flowers and other bits and pieces from my stash

I hope you've enjoyed seeing this album - thanks for the comments left yesterday, they are very, very much appreciated - Thank You

9 comments:

Kaz said...

That's so beautiful Kathy. Love the idea of photo corners too.

Julia Dunnit said...

It's just a delight, she'll be so thrilled. And your desk...my, how do you work on that lovely white rippled surface?!!!!!

tee said...

This is so very pretty Kathy!

Creative Treasures said...

It's beautiful Kathy, i'm sure she will be thrilled with it :)

Tracy

queen-of-nostalgia said...

So pretty! Love the colors - I bet she just looooves it!

Annie said...

You have really inspired me Kathy. My sister, her daughter and myself went for several years the the craft show at Harrogate each October and one of the last years we went we challenged ourselves with one of those little book kits but none of us actually made a finished article. Mine got as far as front and back covers but may well now be taken further.
Also thanks for dropping into my blog. I would really love to see your advent calendar. If you would like to email me your photos that would be lovely. Many thanks. A x
[wipso@toucansurf.com]

Angelnorth said...

This looks wonderful Kathy! It's lovely that Em can just enjoy it straight away but can swap out the pictures later on if she wants to - fab job!

Kath said...

It's lovely Kathy. I like the 'changeable' photos too.She will be thrilled with it I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Stunning Kathy!