Saturday, September 22, 2007

Birthday cards and crafty pressies

Thought I'd share some pics of the gorgeous handmade cards and gifts that have been popping through my letterbox. They're all so fab and phtos don't really do justice to the work that's gone into them, I love them so much - a huge Thank you to you if you read this and sent a card - I'm going to get some sort of frame so I can put them up on the craft room wall, they're too lovely just to keep out of sight in a box! I'm going to leave you to see if you can figure out the makers of these cards....


































































Sue made this cute plaque for me to hang round my
neck so I won't forget my name..... Gill sent this all the way from the Land of Aus(sie), it's about 4 inches square so I can get that framed and onto the wall too. And this is the beautiful piece of "stitchery" that Sharon sent, how lucky am I? Sharon, Jackie and I share a love of Greece and all things Greek and if we all lived nearer each other I think we could happily meet up and chatter on for hours about how much we love it and all the bits of the country we've visited etc - we'd probably bore everyone rigid! Anyway, I obviously couldn't posibly miss the opportunity to add one of our photos from our 2005 trip to Santorini , could I?

10 comments:

Dollydimps said...

Lovely cards for a lovely lady Kathy!
Love the pic of Santorini too-it's just what you think of when you think of Greece!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous things.
You got all those cyber cards & pretty real ones through the post too. How fab.

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, what a lovely load of cards! I didn't do too badly at guessing who made what but a couple had me stumped (mostly because I don't see much of their work, as it turns out!)

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful!

SueH said...

Wow, what amazing cards and pressies, what a lucky girl you are Kathy.

Sharon's stitching is so fabby too.

I'm lucky enough to have a cushion that Sharon stitched for my birthday last year so I've seen her stitching close up. What doesn't come over in that photo is just how neat and tidy the stitching is, on the back as well as the front.

SharonL said...

Cor you lucky duck Mrs B!! :) ... much deserved.
I especially like the "sitchery" (wink, wink) although I am NEVER stitching it again; once was enough.
Glad you had a super birthday Kathy .... I love seeing all your pics.
Love and hugs, Shal. xx

Unknown said...

Glad you liked your card Kathy.

Are you going to reveal the makers or just keep us guessing...?

Unknown said...

If only I'd read the address bar when I clicked on them to enlarge the photo I'd have seen EXACTLY who made each one... duh!

Jackie said...

You lucky girl :) The cards are gorgeous and Sharon's piccie is just perfect as is the picture of Santorini.
It's only 11 months till we go back to Zakynthos!! :))

Penny said...

What a stunning collection!!!