Friday, August 06, 2021

Minty Fresh

 


Hello!
I'm back after taking a short break away form blogging. Hubby took some days off work and we've had a bit of a 'holiday at home'.  We had my aunt and uncle to stay for a week, which was just lovely!  Its been so long since we've been able to have them here, and it was extra special as we were all able to go to a wedding! A year later than planned due to Covid, my nephew (my aunt's great nephew) Charlie married his sweetheart Annabelle and it was just a beautiful day.
The weather was so hot that week - apart from going to the wedding, which was mainly held outdoors, we hardly moved from the garden!
Then the Olympics started and OH and I have been pretty much glued to the tv throughout.  This may sound a poor way to spend your holiday, but by the end of last week we were both thoroughly relaxed and de-stressed, so it can't have been so bad!
 
This week its my dear friend Shabneez who's in charge over at the Daring Cardmakers

August Elemental Challenge

As it's the first Friday in August it's the elemental challenge and for those of you that need a refresher you simply need to pick any 3 elements or more from the picture below (colours count as one).


You can see what my lovely teamies made HERE - they are all absolutely stunning
 
Using the minty colour was just too tempting to miss out on, so that was my first choice of element, the others I used were the typewriter keys (I made some vintage style ones), the paint pot circles and the 'sprinkles' from the ice cream sundaes


 Info
I started by covering a piece of card with minty shades of ink, trying to get a mix of pale and darker shades and a bit of texture into it.  Once dry I used a punch to cut the 5 large circles and a couple of others to punch the small ones for the upper section
The letters for the typewriter key sentiment were stamped onto white car then cut out with a small circle die.  
These were matted onto slightly larger silver circles
A piece of narrow ribbon was added between the large circles and the sentiment,
Next I added the small card circles and filled in the gaps with whatever matching pearls and jewels I could find in my stash
To finish I tied a double bow to add to the end of the ribbon strip
 

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to know what you think.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

 

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I just love the colour. Take care. Hugs Jackie