Friday, August 27, 2021

Hot Air Ballooning

 Hello!
I wonder how you  feel about travelling around atm?
I'm not keen on the idea, and for now any escapes to the sun will be in my imagination only!

This week at the Daring Cardmakers Rizwana is in the hot seat and she's sending us on our travels, even if its just in our dreams!
 
BON VOYAGE
Holidays seem to have a whole new meaning and experience now.
Is there a favourite place you'd like to travel to or revisit?
This week's challenge is all about travel so I would love to see maps, directions, tickets, planes, trains or automobiles.
Anything travel related you could even use your best holiday destination.Here are some ideas from our fabulous design team
to help inspire you.
Have fun!!

You can see how and where we're 'travelling' to over on our blog HERE
 
Once upon a time I was given a balloon ride as a Christmas gift.  It was to take place in Bath, which is a bit of a trek from where we live, but we booked the ride, and a few days there and set off.  The weather was wrong all through our visit, so I didn't fly.  We booked again a few weeks later and the same thing happened.  Despite a few more trips over to Bath in the next few months I never did get that balloon ride.  In the end we just gave up and pretended the whole idea had never existed! 
So if you fancy the idea, take my advice and book it near where you live, or somewhere where the weather is more forgiving!
Anyway, I decided to go with a hot air balloon for my card this week


 Info
White square card, the central section masked off with torn washi tape for a wobbly edge and inked with several shades of light blue ink.
The balloon die cut is by DoCrafts XCut, cut in a dull gold card.  I cut another layer in black and glued them together onto a base layer of a plain black card circle,
Next I coloured pieces of scrap card in green, pink and blue Nuvo mousse and die cut them to fill in the coloured sections of the balloon
I damped the top layer of brown paper from a small box and removed it to reveal the narrow corrugated inner layer(small boxes have smaller wrinkles!).  I then cut
a panel to fit the balloon die cut and glued the balloon in place.
Before adhering the balloon section in place, I glued some loops of gold thread across the blue panel to add some extra interest to the card.
 
 
I've left this card without a sentiment for the moment - its the sort of card that will work for various reasons and occasions so I'll add a sentiment when I want to use it.
 
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself (again)
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Cherish Designs said...

I have always loved hot air balloons and hope to have a ride in one, one day. I love the corrugated background it really brings out the gold. A cheerful and beautiful for any occasion. Thank you for taking part.