Monday, August 23, 2021

On the Tiles Birthday

Hello!

I've a tiled card to share today on my catch-up campaign! 

Its actually made using the 'waste' from cutting out a trellis patterned background die.  I'd coloured a piece of card and used it to make the trellis pattern for something else, but was left with all these pretty intricate shapes that fell out once it was cut. Far too pretty to just throw away, so I used the die to help me arrange them onto my card


Info
Square card blank with a narrow strip cut off to make a 'fat rectangle'
The original piece of card was inked with various lemons through to orange and some reddish shades. The die used is a large Spellbinders background trellis design.  
Once the tiles were in place I added the white and orange strip across the front and cut some 'HAPPY' letters and 'birthday' word to match the shades of the tiles.
To complete the card I made an orange and yellow flower and a green leaf to the sentiment panel.


Short and sweet today!  Hope you like this idea for making use of the bits you might otherwise throw away when cutting this kind of die.
  That's it for this time, Thank You so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to know what you think.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 
 

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie