Friday, August 20, 2021

Cheers!

 

 Hello!
My blogging over the last few months has been very hit and miss, so I've decided that trying to keep them shorter and not go off on my waffly tangents might help!
In reality, it won't make a ha'peth (how do you spell that, anyway?) of difference to my being organised and up to date with my blog, but I can at least try to fool myself....
 
This week Ruth is in the hot seat over at the Daring Cardmakers
 
10 Green Bottles
It's Ruth - your hostess for this week's challenge and I'd like to see anything to do with a bottle - or maybe even 10 green bottles.  Wine bottles, Beer bottles, Perfume bottles, Small ones, big ones, full ones, empty ones...

We've got some great ideas over on the blog, you can see check them out HERE
 
I thought this challenge would be brilliant for a 'get ahead' project as I have a few men's cards to make for the next  few weeks.  I really wanted wine bottles, but I don't have a die for those and I couldn't be bothered doing them on my Silhouette.  That's one of the things that doesn't get so much use with OH working from home.  Too noisy!
 Info
The bottles are cut using a Joanna Sheen die.  I cut them in a variety of blue, green and brown card scraps, then I used various dies and punches to make the labels. I again used bits and pieces from my scraps boxes plus some shiny gold shapes to add some colour and pattern to the labels. To finish each bottle I added a gold cap to each. Before gluing them onto the card I added a piece of chipboard to the backs to give some dimension.
Next I used my favourite Spellbinders alphabet set (the one with the lost 'A' - but no 'A' needed for this  - hah!) to create the lettering. 
 Each letter is four layers of brown card, topped with one layer cut from a piece of wood patterned digital paper I found in my scrap box (Never throw anything away 😜)
Once I'd worked out a layout I was happy with I glued everything down.
 

It turned out a bit more time-consuming than I'd planned, but I like it - what do you think?
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself (again)
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,


1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I just love that die set. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie