Friday, July 16, 2021

Sunglasses


  Hello!

I hope you've had a lovely week, its looking like the weather will be good for the weekend - something to look forward to!
I'm in the middle of making a wedding card for my nephew and his wife to be, so I won't hang around waffling for once!
 
Just in time for the sunny weekend we've been promised is Miri's fun Daring Cardmakers challenge:

I wear my sunglasses at night

This week we want to see (sun-) glasses on your card!

Maybe you’ll find a stamp, a die cut or some patterned paper?! Or you cut out your own glasses or you add some doodled glasses to a stamped person or creature?

(or if you’re stuck on ideas use a drinking glass instead 😉)
 
 

I thought I'd have to resort to making my own, or doing a google image search until I remembered some sets of 'buttons' I bought years ago and mostly hadn't found a reason to use!  You see, it is worth keeping all that 'might come in useful one day' stuff!

 Info

For the wavy shapes I used a Spellbinders die set and a piece of inky background I found when I was looking for something else (if I'd found it last week I'd probably have used it for Sgabneez's challenge!)
The big sun is also cut using a Spellbinders set.  From the button set I chose the sunglasses, sun lotion and sun hat shapes and gathered them in the corner
The sentiment was cut using a Sizzix set - its a bit fiddly but cute.
To finish it off I made some bunting using a piece of red and white bakers' twine and flag shapes hand cut from a scrap of card inked with nice bright colours
 
 That's it for this time, Thank You so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to know what you think.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

 

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Miri said...

These are buttons?! That's amazing. I love your beach scene with the cute little sun accessories.

Shabneez said...

Such a fun creation Kathy! Shabneez x