Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Crafty

If you subscribe to Crafty Templates you'll have received your latest batch of templates over the weekend.  If you don't, then you can find out what I'm waffling about by clicking HERE!

Leo always manages to put together a collection of templates that are great for all sorts of crafting.  If you like to make up your own embellishments they are especially fab as month by month you build up an amazing collection of ideas that will always be there when you need the right inspiration.
The August set is no exception, with fun and useful images for you to use however you fancy.  One of the templates has a couple of bird silhouettes - there are lots of silhouettes featuring on cards atm so bang on trend!  I decided to make something with a bit of movement so fell back on a couple of favourite techniques to make this, using papers and die-cut flowers from the Crafty Goodies Kit - also put together by Leo and available from HERE:
The stand is adapted from a pop-up card I've used a few times (see HERE for the last one I made. I cut each of the birds twice in thin card and twice in paper - I even remembered to mirror one of each to make sure I got and front and a back that fitted together!
The ends of the wire spirals were sandwiched between the card layers and to the bit that folds inside the pop up "mechanism".  You'll get a better idea from the second photo:
My next card uses the Mary Jane Shoes template, along with more bits and pieces from the Crafty Goodies Kit - including that beautiful wided cream lace I've used to mat the sentiment and shoes on to
I love this little flower that is part of the shoe template  - it looks fab cut in different sizes and layered up.  I added a couple of flatback pearls to the flower centres - I couldn't resist adding another of the flowers to the corner of the card - it worked so well on the paper with the flowered corner design.
Cute shoes, aren't they?
Loads to do again this week - yes, I know I said things were calming down, but the list just grew again - now it looks like the next few weeks are going to be busier than ever!
Thanks to all who sympathised with me over my cold - thankfully all gone bar the sniffing now, I think.  A nice, lazy weekend was the best medicine, I think.

Hope you had a great weekend and you're raring to go with another week.  Thanks for visiting :-)

10 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab stuff, love those free flying birdies!

Anonymous said...

Lovely templates Kathy and gorgeous cards....x
Sorry, been a bit out of touch with everyone lately and didn't know you had a cold...glad its a bit better...x

Karen said...

ooo I love those bouncy birds Kathy!!! Both cards are really pretty my lovely XXX

Kaz said...

Fab cards Kathy, I love the birds on the wires xx

Hazel said...

Love it all, especially the birds x

Janice said...

Love the shoe card, great quote too.

Julia Dunnit said...

Divine cards again Kathy..just love em both to bits. Shoe treatment is gorgeous, am a real fan of Mary Jane style!

Traceyr said...

Wonderful cards there Kathy. Do you have those shoes in a size 5?

:)

Kathy said...

beautiful cards kathy, love the shoes and the birds

Anonymous said...

Great cards, Kathy. Those birds are super.

Lisa xoxo