Friday, August 13, 2010

Tree-mendous

Well, I've just watched Anice on Create and Craft - what a great show this time, I think it really showed off all the wonderful options the "Colour Me Happy" CD offers; the designs, colour-ways, images, wordbooks, letters and numbers - you get so much to play with.
Hubby's working from home today as usual but I watched via the pc with the sound down low and fortunately there were no phone calls during the show.  The good thing for him is that now he won't need to sit and watch the recorded show later - as every time I saw something I'd made I could tell him to "look now!" hahaha.  I must admit I did get a bit excited.  I'm soooo not cool!
Anyway if you missed it don't panic (hehe) it's shown again at 8 this evening and at some bonkers-o'clock in the middle of the night too.  More info on yesterday's post about channels etc

It's Jo here this week with a dare.
Tree-mendous!
I would like to see cards this week featuring a tree! Some of the Daring Cardmakers may have groaned slightly when I mentioned Christmas trees (Kathy!) but it doesn't have to be a festive tree, green trees, apple trees, stamped trees, sticker trees, paper pieced trees - anything goes, as long as it is a tree!
Sorry Jo, but there's none of those Cword trees from me!
I've used a couple of the digi images from the Funky Hand "Colour Me Happy" CD for this card - the apple and the tree; which I converted for Robo cutting.  I bought these My Little Shoebox papers a couple of months ago but hadn't managed to use them up till now - this seemed the perfect opportunity
The gorgeous ruffled ribbon is from a new company called The Ribbon Girl which has been set up by Andrea Gourley (one of our ex-Guest Designers) and her mum Mary.  A fab new place for those with a Ribbon Thing going on!
I used:
"Lil Critter" and "All a Flutter" papers (My Little Shoebox), images (Funky Hand), heart buttons (Papermania, I think), red ruffle ribbon, Glossy Accents (on apple), quote is pc generated

Some kind person has shared their germs with me and I've woken this morning with a sore throat, cough and a bunged up nose - oh joy, isn't that nice? no.
Well, I've spent too much time in front of the screen this morning so I should go and do some h.work, I suppose :(
Back later to do some catching up with everyone.
Thanks for visiting today

16 comments:

Lythan said...

Love the fab tree card Kathy and I hope you were thrilled with the comments on your works of art on CandC this morning. Get well soon!

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Kathy. Just love the colours & your tree. :) Great sentiment.xx

Kate said...

Love the little button apples.

** Kate **

Rika said...

Fabulous card Kathy,
love all the details!

tracy said...

very nice kathy :)
i recorded the show-lovely stuff :)

Lynda said...

Absolutely love your apple tree card - so colourful and a lovely sentiment too! I just missed the show this morning so will try and remember to record it tonight 'cos I want to see your elephant on TV lol. Hope your cold gets better soon I'm struggling with catarrh at the moment the after effects of another cold I've just had - oh what joy! Something for you to look forward to there!!!

Love Lynda xxx

Andrea, said...

Great card

Mandy said...

so so pretty! adore this card!

hugs mandyxx

Karen said...

Awe this is lovely...esp like the red gingham ribbon on it. It gives a real country feel to it XXX

Angelnorth said...

Fab bright and fun desing Kathy. love the sentiment! Hope you're soon feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love your card Kathy. I'll try to catch the 8pm show tonight - get well soon x

Vanessa.

Janice said...

Nice card, makes me think "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", don't know why, it just came to me lol! Will look out for the show, it's lovely to see friends get credit and I know your stuff will be great - who needs cool!

Traceyr said...

What a jolly tree Kathy and I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. :)

Smita said...

Nice nice nice :-) I love your tree...

Get well soon, dear Kathy!

Hugs from India,
Smita

Hazel said...

Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Love the tree-mendous card (but a bit disappointed and surprised you didn't do one with a C-tree - lol!) x

Allison said...

certainly is tree-mendous
AllisonX