Wednesday, August 11, 2010

After the Rain

Monday was a glorious day, Tuesday it rained and rained and rained some more.  Today we woke to beautiful blue skies.  Typical British summer, really!

I took the camera for a walk down to the veg patch early this morning (all photos can be clicked on for a closer look should you desire it!):
Everything is doing pretty well - they like the mix of sun and rain, I suppose!  Loads of courgettes and runner beans already picked and eaten. The bit nearer the back has broccoli, peas, beetroot and onions and elsewhere there are pots with carrots, parsnips, peppers, chillies, blueberries and some gro-bags with loads of tomatoes.  There's also a blackberry bush tucked at the back of the side border.  Hubby bought me a "real proper" Sussex trug for our anniversary - something I've hankered after for years.  I feel sooooo posh going down to pick stuff with that rather than an old tin lid or plastic box! hehehe
Let's play Spot the courgettes!

Much of the garden was still in the shade of the house when I was out there, but these lovely crocosmia were in sunshine.  Just before we sold mum's house after she died, I dug some up and put them in a pot, so they've come with us to this house too and get moved around the garden to wherever there's a gap that needs cheering up.
I've done loads of crafting over the last few weeks, but either haven't had the time, or haven't been able to blog it yet - I'm saying this in case you thought I was being a lazy crafter as well as a bad blogger...haha

It also somewhat excuses the state of my desk......
Half-projects a-plenty on there today along with scraps of leftover stuff, and stuff that might be made into things - if only I could get my head around C-Word crafting! aaaagggghhhhhh

The photo is all part of Julia's WOYWW campaign, which just in case you've still not heard about, the whys and wherefores can be found by clicking HERE - and just in case you didn't know this either - Julia is this month's guest designer over on the Daring Cardmakers woowoo!  Which reminds me - that's what I'm supposed to be working on today - so I need to make a card-sized gap on that desk.

Thanks for visiting, please leave a message before you rush off to the next desk!

18 comments:

Di said...

LOL, you work in space similar to me Kathy...and it gets smaller as the day wears on.

Fab garden piccies.

Sue said...

Hi Kathy
lovely pics of the garden, it really did need a good drop of rain you could hear the plants go awwww. lovely creative desk, have great day, sue,x

Smita said...

Lovely garden pics. Those courgettes look yummy :)
waiting to see your projects this week.
Smita

Minxy said...

Pretty garden shoots, its been miserable here most of the day so far.. just the right weather for staying in and moseying around desks, yours is looking interesting, is that a decorated lamp or just a flower storage till use kinda deal?

Hazel said...

We know you better, Kathy, than to think you are a lazy crafter. Your garden photos are fab - and, hey, get you with your proper trug - sounds just right. x

Stressed Stamper said...

Think your desk and veg's are fab...Love courgettes...inspired me to take a pic of my chillis for next week...

Annie said...

Garden is looking good. Glad to hear you've still found time for crafting :-)
A x

Helen said...

Great pics of your garden produce, and your desk too.

Kaz said...

I always love noseying around your desk Kathy its always so colourful xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, nice design, good choice for GD (of course I saw it on her blog earlier in the week), and nice that you took us on your walk today. Happy WOYWW.

JoFY said...

I came, I snooped and I admired the stacks of fiddly/twiddly glittery bits on the shelves (top left of pic). V nice!

Sunshine Girl said...

oooh lovely mooch around there - what a lot of eyelets and snaps you have! good luck with the C cards - I am about to start doing more too (did some January whilst it was snowy as I was still in the zone!).

Neet said...

Courgettes look scrummy. Love your busy busy workspace.

Anonymous said...

Home grown veg, just can't beat it. Love your desk Kathy it's actually tidy! I can see some green, yay!

Hugs
Brenda

Sew This N That said...

Great desk pics and garden :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Karen said...

Its lovely to see pics of your vaggie garden. Its all looking healthy after a shower or two. I like that you have that lovely hedge for shelter...no wonder you have so many courgettes! X

Darcy Marshall said...

I think with a lovely garden like that you have every excuse not to do crafting. I wish we had a veggie patch, i do have room for 2 gro bags though, so I have 6 tomato plants growing merrily away.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you're desk always look fab to me...not least this week because you and I are in the minority over that big Season thing...! I think I've been incredibly modest about my Guest ing over at DCM (!!!!), so thanks for the mention.