Thursday, August 12, 2010

Funky Hand News!

I'd planned a nice, cosy bit of blog-hopping this morning.
But.
Just when I think I've cleared enough of the to-do list to stick my head over the parapet of blogland I get a message asking for a New Baby card - tbh I knew the order was coming, but my customer didn't want to make it definite until the baby had arrived - and arrive she did when my customer was on holiday, so it's a week late before I even get the order confirmed.
I'll save the card I've made for another day because I really wanted to post a bit today about the Funky Hand show on Create and Craft TV tomorrow!
The show is on live on Create and Craft TV at 9am on Friday 13th August.  It's repeated at 8pm in the evening and again at 3am on Saturday morning  - so plenty of chances to view live or set the recorder!


Create and Craft is on Sky Channel 671, Freeview Channel 36 and on Freesat Channel 813.  You can watch via the pc HERE
 Anice and the DT have been working really hard to try and show just how marvellous and how versatile the "Colour Me Happy" CD is, so please tune in if you can! 
I've done a couple of new things for Anice to take to the studio this time so here's a preview especially for you ;-)
I've used one of the digi images  from the CD enlarged and to about 18cms across and used to make this shaped card
The paper collection I've used here is called "Barbadian Ecstasy" I love the bright, vibrant colours - they are perfect for this little elephant.  I made the flowers using more papers from the same set.  I used the design of one of the papers for inspiration then layered them up on some coiled wire stems.  The inside of the card is lined with one of the plainer designs from the set - you get lots of patterns and some plainer designs too in ever paper collection and you can see how well the colours print!

Just for contrast, my other new item uses a much more subdued colourway - it's called "Contented Coffee"
 and I used it to make a little tub, or caddy and then a spray of flowers to pop inside.

This is the empty tub, I used lots of the different designs from the CD both outside and inside the caddy
I've made the flowers in various ways.  Some are the lovely coiled roses I can't stop making - it was a treat to make these bigger sized ones instead the little ones I do for cards. The other flowers are made with a variety of the Cuttlebug Quilling Dies - I like to mix the shapes from the different die sets up to get different "looks" - I admit it - I succumbed to them all, so having done that I might as well use 'em all!
All the flowers were fixed to wire and the wires were inserted into a little tube to keep them tidy and make it easy to fit into the centre of the caddy. I also added some paper coils to wires to add a bit of "fluff" to the whole thing.
All the papers I used for the flowers and to decorate the tub are from the "Colour Me Happy" CD.  I LOVE this CD!

Here are the things I did for the last show, just so's you can look out for these too hehehe
Sunset word book (Glad Rags collection):
Flower Pot Easel card (Pleased to See Ya collection)::

Baby card (Blissful Baby collection):

Oooer, don't I go on.....:-)
Thanks for visiting, 

14 comments:

Sue said...

Oh I just adore that elephant he is so bright and vibrant.
Those flowers are in super colours as well.
sadly won't be at home to see them 'go live'.
Sue x

Kaz said...

Ooooo gorgeous bits and pieces Kathy. Love them all but my fave has to be the tub and flowers. Just stunning xx

Annie said...

Really love your clever creations today :-)
A x

Twiglet said...

Great blog - such gorgeous projects to ooh and aah over!!

Sid said...

Loads of fab stuff here !!

Angelnorth said...

Fab new projects, love the bright elephant and that flower centrepiece looks fantastic! Hope the show goes well!

Lynda said...

What a fantastic set of projects but the star of the show has got to be the gorgeous funky elephant!

Love Lynda xxx

Traceyr said...

Gorgeous work there Kathy. Love the tub of flowers and the sunset book fabulous. Will try and tune in to the show tomorrow.

:)

Hazel said...

Such gorgeous projects - I look forward to seeing them on air. Good to see the caddy with those delicious flowers - and the elephant is so bright and cheery x

Anonymous said...

how spooky,I was blog hopping while watching with create and craft in the background...and while seeing your post your cute flowers and elephant were being shown! they look fab Kathy - wonderful and creative as always!

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, your heffalump is gorgeous. Lovely to see the program is repeated will set the remote now.xx

Di said...

Gorgeous flowers Kathy and the elephant is so cute.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I happened to see the show the other day and I knew INSTANTLY that you'd created those gorgeous flowers. I absolutely love them, I'm going to have to have a go at making some.

chilli pip said...

Ah wow they are so great. the elephant is so cheerful but love them all x