Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Daring to WOYWW

I thought it was about time I joined in with Julia's Wonderful What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday fun again.  Not sure how many of the desks I'll get round, but I'll give it my best shot!
So, welcome to my craft space!
On my desk you'll see the special birthday card I've been asked to make, I'll be back to show it properly once it's finished.

I took delivery of a big boxful of the lovely new MME "Lost and Found" papers the other day and I've been using them big-time, you can see a few scraps lying about - Hubby wasn't impressed as I'd opened the parcel on his desk and the papers shed glitter all over the place!  There are lots of lovely glittery designs in this collection hehe
This is another commissioned card.  I've used some of the "Portobello Road" papers from the collection. 
The background for the initials was adapted from some free clipart I found on the net. I've altered it for Robo cutting and resized to cut three layers.  I melded the initials using PSP and Robo-cut in paper plus a couple of card layers.  The dark grey pearls are tiny ones from a Papermania pack and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.
I thought I'd add another photo so you can really see the lovely glitter hehe. 
You can click on all of  the pics for closer inspection ;-)
 I'm gradually ticking things off my list.  The house is almost visitor-ready, and as I've managed to tweak something in my back that's just as well.  I've the card on my desk to finish but then there's a gap before another card order needs doing.  It's my nephew's 18th next week though, so I must get his card done before our visitors arrive.  I know they wouldn't mind one bit, but it does seem a bit rude to spend too much time at the craft desk while they are here.
So why am I waffling on again when I could be doing some crafting now?
Ok, I'm off
Catch you soon

28 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely anniversary card Kathy, classy glitter!

Sue said...

Hi Ya Kathy
welcome to the madhouse, lovely card those papers are lush, added to me list! lol,have a great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Hazel said...

Love the way you've robo'ed the clipart - very classy. Look forward to seeing the other card finished x

Annie said...

Another really lovely card Kathy.
A x

Twiglet said...

Always so many pretty cards on your blogs!!

Kaz said...

Kathy you're waffling because you are the queen of it when there's a list!!!
I love the cards, but the thing that made me smile the most was you leaving glitter all over hubby's desk!! xxx

Morti said...

Hi Kathy - long time no visit! LOL Lovely cards as always.....

Alisonw30 said...

Great papers and a very tidy workspace

Alison x

Anonymous said...

Great card, Kathy. Those new papers of yours look divine. Love the cupcake one from yesterday too.

Lisa xoxo

Nancy said...

Lovely card

xx

Andria said...

Wow what a very sophisticated card, I do like monogrammed cards and the colour is gorgeous.

Spyder said...

Great crafty space lovely lovely card, Have a great woyww!
((Lyn)

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for a peek at your great space and love the card,
JoZarty x

Nan said...

loved seeing your space....your card is so pretty! I have a stamp for your DH. It says " Yes, I know I have glitter on my face" LOL!
:) Nan

Bluefairy4U said...

Lovely card on your desk and your finished one. Hope your back gets better it's not nice when you get a back pain. Hope you manage to do your nephews card. Big Hugs JO.xxx

Joey said...

ooooh Kathy your card is stunning, lovely and tidy desk. Joey.x

Traceyr said...

Love the card Kathy, your orange bin is gorgeous (if a bin can be described like that - haha?) and I hope your back gets better very soon. x

:)

cheryl said...

oh great workspace love your cards too gorgoues,hugs cheryl xx

Carola Bartz said...

Love the anniversary card, clean and simple, straight. Great work.

Sheila said...

Very nice card. Really cool space.

Kate said...

Hope your visitors don't prevent you from crafting for too long.

** Kate **

Unknown said...

thats a gorjuss card, I spy lots of beads as well

great space, thanks for the snoop

hugs
judie xx

lisa said...

Another gorgeous card, Kathy. Those papers are really yummy.
I never got round to my workdesk again this week with or without ironing. Must do better next week.
Enjoy your visitors.
Hugs Lisax

Di said...

Awww Kathy, I hope your back is improving now, sending you a gentle hug.

What a fab card too my lovely xx

Daniele said...

great workspace lovin' all those yummy colours on the card thanks for the peek
hugs

Unknown said...

wow Kathy that card looks lovely. Have you blinged up you lamp by the way?

Hope you are well... hugs,

Paula x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like hubby got a bit of glitter on him, too! Lovely card, though, and I bet you were thrilled with all the goodies you got. Happy belated WOYWW.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Gorgeous card and lovely new stash.

Happy creating......sorry I'm a little late!

xx