Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emily's Birthday Cupcakes

The youngest of our nieces celebrates her birthday at the end of the week.  We bought her some cupcake themed things for her birthday present so I went with the flow and made a cupcake birthday card too.

 It's my turn to set the  monthly member's sketch challenge on Charmed Cards and Crafts forum so I've used the sketch I did for that to make my card.  I twisted it round so that the blocks run horizontal rather than vertical
 The Craft Robo had a good workout for this one.  The lettering, flowers, candle and the two sizes of cupcake were all Robo-cut.  The cupcake is my own template, the font and flower are made using "Chick" font and the candle is from one of Leo's old (from last year I think) Crafty Templates resized to work with he big cupcake.
I used:
 Imaginisce Papers (some are flocked, some glittered), Doodlebug Sugar-coated card, Anita's gem wheel, ribbon from stash, Yellow Stickles, Glossy Accents

To get the very raised effect on the "sprinkles" of the tiny cupcakes I added blobs of GA, let them dry then added another blob on the top of the originals.  As GA is so thick and doesn't spread you get loads of dimension by adding that extra layer.

Right, I've got another commissioned card in it's early stages sitting on my desk awaiting attention. Not quite sure where it's going atm - hence the procrastination!
Thanks fo visiting today, please leave a message if you've a minute....
 

5 comments:

Kaz said...

That's really pretty Kathy I'm sure she will love it xx

Lynda said...

Totally scrumptious Kathy - you're working so well under the pressure lol.

Love Lynda xxx

tracy said...

thats really sweet kathy :)

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty, girly card Kathy - hope your niece enjoys her birthday!

Traceyr said...

Kathy you are so clever with that craft robo.

The card is fabulous.

:)