Friday, January 24, 2020

Sending Sunshine


Hello
I hope you've had a good week. It's been a bit of a dreary one around here, at least weather-wise! But at least its not snow....
This week sees the 800th blog post from the Daring Cardmakers! 
Okay, so they've not all been challenge post as sometimes we need to add things like the names of prize winners etc, but they are mostly challenges, and that means a huge resource of ideas and inspiration, don't you think?
For our 800th post we have:
Today I (Miri) want to challenge you to 

CHEER SOMEONE UP!


You probably know someone, who is ill or sad or having a rough time at the moment?! Make a card with an encouraging or funny sentiment to help lift their spirits.
 (And try to send the card to your special friend as soon as possible!)
 
I first fell in love with Winnie the Pooh when I was studying for 'A' level English Lit and one of our lovely teachers would sometimes think we needed a bit of light relief from the likes of "To the Lighthouse", "Vanity Fair", "Brave New World", and "Murder in the Cathedral" etc. and he'd read to us from The House at Pooh Corner!
So at 17 I was late-comer to the delights of A.A. Milne, but since then I've read, re-read and loved listening to audio versions of the tales of the jolly little bear and his friends.
What a hero. What a wise and clever bear. What a philosopher!

 There's probably a Pooh quote for every occasion and I thought that for Miri's challenge I could do no better than Eeyore's “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” and fill a mini envelope with sunshine and hearts.
 
 
Info
The main wording on the card was printed directly onto my base card before adding anything else
 I've used some digital papers from a 'Vintage Winnie the Pooh' 
collection by LaneandMay, bought via Etsy
All the papers are from the same set, I've cropped and resized then to get the various things I needed.  For instance the same Eeyore paper is used to make the panel with the quotation on, and also to create the Eeyore and Pooh characters which were cut out and added to the card with thick cardboard between
I made the tiny envelope, then used stars and circle punches to create the sun shapes and added various sizes of punched hearts




 That's all for today, I hope you'll feel inspired to join in with us this week.

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your messages.  
Hope you have a great weekend
Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It would certainly cheer anyone up. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

super sweet and beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Janet Packer said...

Awh, love this card, and everything about it 💕💕💕

Miri said...

What a cute card, Kathy! And the sentiments fits the "cheer someone up" challenge brilliantly.
I also think that Winnie the Pooh is a great philosopher and many of his wise words are perfect for many people on various occasions.

Shabneez said...

Love everything about this one Kathy including your story! Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

OMGee this is just TOO cute, love Pooh