Saturday, January 11, 2020

Still Got the (January) Blues....


Hello
I hope you've had a good week.

I developed a nasty headache before I was able to write a post to go with the Daring Cardmakers first challenge of 2020 yesterday, so had to give up on anything requiring staring at a screen. Yes I know it should probably have been written and ready before the last minute, but really, this is me, and the likelihood of being so organised is faint!
 
Happy New Year!

Welcome to our first challenge if 2020!

It is of course an Elemental Inspiration dare where you need to feature 3 elements from the image below on your card (with colour/a colour scheme counting as one overall element).


This month's image choice is an homage to the 2020 Pantone Colour of the Year:  Classic Blue.

You don't need to feature the colour blue on your card, there are plenty of other elements in the image that will work for any occasion, even Christmas and wintry cards if you're still in the mood for those.

Click HERE to see the fab projects the design team came up with
I used the squares, the pink flower and a stripey pattern as my main elements, and stuck largely to the lovely blues that are the main feature of the board. In the end I actually made 3 cards using the same elements, though, maybe the stripey element is a little contrived as I used baker's twine on a couple.  But it is stripey, yes? 😉

 Info
Scraps of blue, pink, white, green and black card
Flower , heart, banner and tiny circle dies, stripey stamp and baker's twine all  from the Papercraft Society's subscription box (December) designed by Paula Pasqual
Also a small square punch, leaf die, tiny gems, decal stickers.

My favourite is actually the last one, which is also the simplest and took the least time to make!

 That's all for today, I hope you like them and will feel inspired to join in this week.

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your messages.  
Hope you have a great weekend
Happy Crafting!

 

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

htondre@aol.com said...

Super cute. Lovely work today

Handmade by Natty said...

Really like your two takes on the inspiration image. :D Especially the one with the diagonal stripes, a fave of mine. ;)

Shabneez said...

You put me to shame making 2 cards Kathy and you've done it again this week! Gorgeous cards. Shabneez x