Tuesday, January 21, 2020

So, What's New? part 2


Hello
 I managed two cards for Friday's Daring Cardmakers challenge - I blogged a baby card on Friday and today I have my second card to share with you.
This time its another eclipse card.  I bought a new paper download set  last week and this style of card is just perfect for showing off something as beautiful as this tulip design paper

Ruth's challenge iss:
 'Something New' 

So this could be New Year, New Home, New Job or New Baby, 
 or even New Stash or New Technique! It's up to you!  
Just tell us in your post what your 'new' is!
Click HERE to see the fab projects the design team came up with


Info

I designed the sentiment using Paint Shop Pro and printed it 

directly on to my card blank.
 Next I chose just one design from the beautiful
 Watercolour Pink Tulips digi paper set by Alphabet Store, 
which I bought via Etsy. 
After resizing I printed it onto textured white cardstock,
Then arranged the BEAUTIFUL letters  for cutting. Obviously I had 
to use the 'U' twice, so needed to line it up carefully to match for
the second pass. I always put all the cut out letters and inserts in a 
small box so I don't lose them!
All the letters were then cut a further 4 times in dark 
green card and layered up before the saved top layer of 
patterned letters were added
To complete my card I added some Bakers Twine, a small heart
punched from a leftover scrap of patterned paper and a few clear gems

Alphabet die set from Altenew



 That's all for today, I hope you like this one!

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your messages.  
Hope you have a great week
Happy Crafting!

 

3 comments:

htondre@aol.com said...

What aBEAUTIFUL creation!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I just love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

I think somebody is addicted to eclipse cards.....Beautiful! Shabneez x