Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tulips for Easter



Morning All 
I hope you are feeling ticketty-boo and full of the joys of Spring today!
Before I do anything else, I want to say a great big THANK YOU for your messages on my last blog post, both for the good wishes on my Spellbloggers news and that you liked the box - they are pretty simple to make and a great way to make a small gift look special - or even for yourself; a pretty knick-knack box for your desk or dressing table 😉

Back to cardmaking today, and I have a couple of Easter cards to share.  I've used the same colours, stencil etc on both, but altered the LO and die cuts just a little
The LO is from The Sketch File Blog - the current April one

 Info
Stencil 'Mini Spinning Tops' (Crafters Workshop), taped in place and masked to use only a small section.  
Inked with lemon and peachy-pink to match the tulip flowers
Piece of Bazzill White Classic Texture card inked with Tumbled Glass DI then die cut with Eyelet Circles and Lacey Circles Nesties (Spellbinders) 
Pale blue narrow ric-rac braid
Tulips (Joanna Sheen) -  The full die cut looks like this; I cut them down and overlapped, rearranged etc to fit my project, and using some extra leaves to add a little dimension
I cut them down and overlapped, rearranged etc to fit my project, and using some extra leaves to add a little dimension
 The yellow card I used for the flower heads was inked lightly with a 
peachy pink ink pad
This is the Sketch:
The Sketch File April 2017
 
 here are the two cards - you can see they differ slightly from each other
 Thank you for looking in today, I hope you'll leave a comment before you go 
 

5 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful Easter card, Love the background and the gorgeous floral die cut

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card those tulips are beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

Lovely cards Kathy - love how you adapted the tulips diecut.

Unknown said...

This is stunning Kathy. I love the tulips and the stencilling, fabulous. Cathy x

Jan said...

Fabulous card love the sketch xx Jan