Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Delightful Delphiniums

Morning All 👋👋
April is such a great month - I love Spring time with it's feeling of awakening, and how you never quite know what the weather will do.  Monday was glorious with day-long sunshine and a fair bit of warmth, yesterday was a bit dull all day, and today its bright and beautiful again - but breezier and a few more clouds about.
I've been out in the garden, moving things around and taking some of the big pots out of the greenhouse but I've stopped, because although I did use the trolley my back started complaining.  There's no rush though.

I have a flowery card to share today, it's the one we sent to MiL for Mother's day a couple of weeks back, and one of a little batch I made using a similar technique to make the background.  This one was my favourite of the backgrounds, I love the way the colours turned out, and the way the gold wax and glitter gel lifts it.
Info
The oval shape is stencilled; to make the stencil I used an oval die and a piece of backing card from a die set
 (I think this sort of card has a thin laminate over it so it's stronger and doesn't degrade as quickly as ordinary card)
The stencil was fixed to the card blank with washi tape and I applied several shades of aqua ink, and also some deeper blue and purple shades.
The oval stencil was removed while I taped the Mini Window Screen stencil (Crafters Workshop) in place, then I replaced the oval over the top so that I could apply more of the same inks, plus Gold Alchemy Wax and Sparkle Medium  (both Imagination Crafts)
For the flowers;
I inked up some spare white card with several shades of blue and purple inks to get a mottled effect - this is my method of getting pretty shading without  colouring pens or pencils - I don't do colouring in!
I just chose the bits I liked best and cut the flowers with the Delphinium die (Joanna Sheen)
I cut the dies in green card too, then glued the flower part on top of the green layer and added the leaves.
I used the waste from one of my border punches to make some tiny "petals" dispersed by the breeze!  There are a few tiny gems and a few dots of Stickles glitter glue in there too
The faux brads at the top right are more 'waste', this time some larger circles.  They were shaped with a ball tool. then I added a tiny blob of Glossy Accents to each
 I do love the way this background works and I think it would adapt well for Christmas cards - so maybe if I remember nearer the time...........

Thank you so much for visiting.  I really do appreciate it when people take the time to come by, and I love to read the messages you leave 😁

have a great day
 

7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the flowers are beautiful. Your mil must have been thrilled. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Kathy

gr karin

Laine said...

Such pretty colour and detail.
x

Katie said...

Stunning card and great idea to use a die as a stencil

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

such gorgeous die cuts on this lovely card. Great job

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful card, love the design and color .
Hugs Rose

Angelnorth said...

That inky, waxy, sparkle medium background looks really dimensional Kathy- fab stuff!