Sunday, April 30, 2017

Feathers, Flowers and Foamiran - Spellbloggers


Hello
Thanks for joining me for another Spellbloggers Post.
I'm back from a week at the seaside after a  a lovely week in Southwold (Suffolk), which has to be one of my favourite places - its just like a great big, friendly warm hug of a place!

So a little late with my weekly project using gorgeous Spellbinders products new and old, and this time its a mix of both.
First though I'd like to introduce you to my wonderful new baby die cutter!  So, meet my Spellbinders Prizm - isn't he the cutest little machine?  I've sat a little ink pad on top to give you an idea of now dinky he is.  Now obviously, at this size not all my dies can go through, but loads of them do, and it's so much quicker than using my big machine when all I want to cut is something small!  He does the job quickly and quietly too - I can even use this little fella when my OH is doing a skype call at the desk next to mine, without getting told to shush! 😜


If you've got a big, do-it-all machine and think you don't need something dinky like this, think again because all I can say is that after just a couple of weeks with this on my desk I'm completely besotted with my Prizm

A couple of weeks ago I made this flower using a couple of dies from the Spellbinders Carnation Creations die set and some Foamiran - this was the first time I'd used this thin foam product and I loved the result - there's no doubt that I was assisted by choosing to start off with a fabulously realistic die set!
Well, it's been sitting on my desk waiting to be used for a project since then, so it was time to do something with it.
Gaving just received a beautiful new embossing folder and some gorgeous feather shaped dies I thought they'd all work together very nicely, and I came up with this card
Spellbinders Products:
'Blistered' -Embossing Folder Tammy Tutterow Designs

Feathers On The Wind - Shapeabilities Inspire Etched Dies
Sprigs  Die D-Lites Etched Dies
Other:
Card: White, Black, Green, and Peach (various shades)  
Foamiran for flower
Real feathers mixed in with the die cut ones
2 shades Peach Seam Binding
Border Punch to edge peach matt
 



I hope you can see the gorgeous embossing design - I have a feeling this will soon be one of my favourite go-to folders.  I'm absolutely useless at "white space" so will often turn to an embossing folder to lift what I feel is too much 'flat white'!

Thanks for visiting, if you click on This Link  you'll find yourself at the Spellbinders store and you can get your hands on the things I've used!


Happy Crafting

10 comments:

Dawn said...

The flower is amazing and so is the embossing folder you have used. x

Laine said...

Such a bright and cheering creation Kathy!
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Stunning card love the Foamiran flower xx Jan

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the flower. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kathy- the colours are lovely and your flower is stunning. Cathy x

Andree said...

A fabulous card Kathy and a beautiful flower. Glad you had a nice break xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning, love the flower, the embossing and your layout

Janet Packer said...

Loving ALL the elements on your lovely card Kathy x

Angelnorth said...

A fabulously realistic-looking flower Kathy, the whole card is gorgeous!