Saturday, April 22, 2017

Flower Favour Box - Spellbloggers Saturday

Hello
Thanks for joining me for another Spellbloggers Saturday.
I'm having such a great time using lots of lovely new Spellbinders products and revisiting those that have been in my stash for ages.
Today though it's a brand new die I've been playing with, and makes such a lovely little box - perfect for Wedding Favours, small gifts or as a little treat box.

These boxes are hexagonal in shape, with sweet little petal shapes at the top which you can gather in with ribbon or twine to close up the box.
All you do is cut the die twice, crease along the fold lines to form the shape, then use glue on the tabs to make the box.
I used a download paper collection and printed my chosen designs on both sides of some white card.  Each of the boxes is different, but they all match because the designs are compliment each other;
For the box in the middle I added little rectangles of another design to each segment.  The rectangle die comes with the box die set
To close mine I used some silver elastic threaded with a few beads and added a tiny pink bow but really you can let your creative juices flow!


Flower Top Box  Celebrate the Day by Marisa Job Shapeabilities Etched Dies (Spellbinders)
Download papers by MichelleR via Etsy
Elastic, Ribbon and beads from my stash
You can see the petal top better in this photo

That's it, a very quick and pretty little box.  It's so lovely that it looks lovely without making too much effort!  Handy if you've a lot to make.....  I wanted to keep my version really simple so that you can see how just cutting in pretty, heavyweight paper and tying up with a bow is all this one needs to look good.

Thanks for visiting, now head over to the Spellbinders store and get you mitts on this one ;)  You know you need it.....

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy they are gorgeous. That is an amazing die. It would make lovely wedding favours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy they are looking beautiful
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Ooh these are really pretty Kathy. Cathy x

Dawn said...

These are so pretty. It's getting silly now as every time I see a different die used I think I must have that, lol.