Friday, April 14, 2017

Narcissistic?

Hello
It doesn't take much to throw what routine I have out of sync and completely confuse me!  Friday is usually a Work from Home day for OH so having him at home is no different today.  But the alarm didn't go off at 7.45 and he didn't get up and do the "long" commute across the landing to the study and I'd soon forgotten it was Friday because it felt like a Saturday.....
Never mind eh?  Some kind Daring Cardmakers DT member, obviously more awake and 'with it' than me stepped in and pressed the button to publish today's post!  It's my own challenge too - ooops!!

🎕  Spring Garden  🎕
 It's Easter weekend and also time to celebrate the coming of Spring (fingers crossed). so this week I'd like to see Spring flowers take the starring 
role on your cards this week. 
 All the gorgeous Daffodils, Tulips, Irises, Hyacinths and twigs with blossom etc. that herald my favourite season.
The team have really pulled out all the stops this week, just look {HERE} to see our very own Spring Garden of Flowers.
I can hardly wait to see what gorgeousness you'll share with us this week.......

You already know I never miss the chance to make or use some flowers on my cards, don't you haha
For this week I thought I'd have a go at making some tiny daffodils, actually I'm not sure whether these multi layered ones are truly daffodils or more in the general Narcissus category.  I could look it up, but I'm  not going to, I just like the way they've turned out,  And yes, I got a bit carried away and tried them in different colours


Info
For the daffodils I used an old Kikyo flower punch that I have had since the beginning of time.  It's by Carl (I don't know if they still exist)but others are available
The trumpets are just a curved narrow strip with a fluted edge (I just used scissors).  You could do a neater job and use punched or die cut circles and cut away the excess (you'd get 2, maybe 3 trumpets from one 'ring') but I'm impatient so just used scissors
Two of my flowers are made with scrap card, all the others are made using the thin foam sheet known as 'foamiran'  I added some hint of colour with ink pads.  Can you tell which are which?
Hand cut stalks and leaves
Patterned paper for the flower 'done' and mat "Summer Days" 6x6 (Echo Park)
Organza ribbon and double bow (I used 2 shades of the same ribbon)
A few matching pearls

That's it.
We'd love to welcome you to The Daring Cardmakers this week- it would be fab to have you joining in with us.

Thank you so much for visiting
Happy Crafting


10 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness Kathy! Your flowers are gorgeous! x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy this is gorgeous
Fijne Paasdagen / Happy Easter
Gr Karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such beautiful flowers today and I love the green papers

Janet Packer said...

Lovely card and your flowers are absolutely beautiful.

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Fab card Kathy, the flowers are amazing x

Laine said...

So cute, cheerful and springlike Kathy!
Laine
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card those flowers are just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

An amazing bouquet of flowers from our Spring Garden Kathy. Love all the different textures and colours. Shabneez xxx

Andree said...

A lovely card Kathy, just perfect to welcome Spring. Your flowers look wonderful xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy, the flowers are gorgeous. I have no idea what day it is at the moment! Cathy x