Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Simple Stars

Hi there
I hope you are well today!  I rather think my need for a box of tissues has moved seamlessly from "for a cold" to "for hay-fever", without the hint of a pause.  Hey ho!
Anyway, on to a bit of crafting, and today is launch day for the April Sketch over on The Sketch File Blog.

I like this one a lot - I feel there's lots of opportunities to use the LO in different ways, so fingers crossed that actually is how it works out.  Sometimes the ones I think are the most versatile are the ones I struggle with when I come to use them.  Weird.

I've a load of 'boy' birthdays coming up in may, so I've used the sketch to make one of the cards I need.
 Info
I cut a square for grey Bazzill card, then a frame from dark blue card using two Nested Squares (Tonic dies).
the stars and paper strips are old Funky Hand papers - one of my favourite sets for more masculine cards, the blues and greys are just fab.  
The two larger stars are from another Tonic nested set, the tiny ones are cut with a punch, from some foiled paper as the card looked a bit dull.
'Happy Birthday' is by Creative Dies

 Here's the sketch:
The Sketch File - April 2017
 
It would be great to have your company over at The Sketch File this time - we'd love you to join in with us.
Thanks for looking in today, hope you'll have time to leave a message
   

10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Kathy
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Fabulous colour palette and detail Kathy! Lovely male themed card!
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great birthday card. Love the color

Julie O'Neil said...

This sketch came out great and I love the colors you used!

Linda Simpson said...

Love this Kathy, I love the colours and wonderful interpretation of the sketch.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Fab, great colour tones for male cards. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

TRACEY MO said...

very cool love the colour combo.

tracey x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely masculine card Kathy, the blues and greys look really stylish!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card from a great sketch Kathy. Love the stars. Hayfever has hit here too, seems far earlier than normal. I keep waiting to grow out of it! Cathy x