Thursday, April 13, 2017

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Good Morning!
How are you this Maundy Thursday morning?  Looking forward to a lovely Easter weekend with lots of sunshine?  Well we have to hope, don't we hahaha
A couple of weeks ago my nephew and his girlfriend completed on the purchase of their first flat - quite an achievement these days for a couple of people not long out of university.  I was thrilled for them and remembered the excitement of moving into my own first flat.   I'm looking forward to visiting soon. 
Of course I wanted to send a New Home card, and I wanted to make it a bit different and fun.  This is what I cam up with
Info: I made the paint roller first - because if I couldn't get it to work 
I'd need a new plan!

The handle is made with paper clay, which I just moulded in my fingers and inked black. When it was dry I coated with Ranger's Enamel Accents (black) because I didn't like the dull finish of the inked handle
The metal section is formed from a paper-clip
I made a fairly tight spiral with a white pipe cleaner for the roller part 
For the card I used a smooth white square card blank. 
 I cut a white square panel from Bazzill card, then wiped blue ink over another piece of the same card. 
 Once dry I cut two lengths of the inked card and glued them in place on 
the white square.
Next the whole piece was embossed with a chevrons embossing folder (Crafters Companion), and matted onto a piece of matching blue Bazzill card
The sentiment is pc generated and matted onto a Nesties Labels 18 die (Spellbinders
It looked a bit unfinished so I added a few wayward paint drips - cut with
 (also Spellbinders
I do like it when you can find ways to use dies for purposes other than the original, it means you get more use from them, doesn't it?


I have to say, I was really chuffed at how this turned out!  That little paint roller and the "roughly" painted lines do make me smile for some reason.  Probably remind me of my own haphazard painting attempts!

Thank you for coming by today

7 comments:

Sandra Carey said...

Thats so awesome love that idea sorry I havent been by lately Hugs S xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great idea Kathy
Gr Karin

Janet Packer said...

Fantastic card Kathy - LOVE your original embellishment.

Karenzkardz said...

A cleverly designed card xx

Tracy Welham said...

That is fabulous Kathy! So clever to make the paint roller too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Love this, and what a fab idea for the roller x

katemade designs said...

This is super clever. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea because again it is super clever thanks for sharing