Thursday, May 02, 2019

Hunkydory Butterflies and Pearl Bouquet


Hello!

Today I've a quick post to share some cards using the fabulous Beautiful Butterflies, Moonstone dies by Hunkydory crafts  and also their Adorable Scorable Pearl Bouquet card pack.
I've loved using the dies and this card so much that I've hardly stopped using them at all!
I am totally hooked on the beautiful pastel colours in this card pack. The finish is soft to the touch, and somehow very tactile.  I wouldn't describe it as pearlescent, but it does have this rather gorgeous pearly effect which makes a beautiful base card, or to use in layering.  I also really like that they are plain white on the reverse - so I can get away without making inserts! Yes, I know that's a bit lazy - but I maintain that not adding that folded sheet inside the card gives me a couple of mms to add something to the front before it gets too fat for a regular stamp!
Adorable Scorable Pearl Bouquet card pack
Okay, lets see some cards!
Base cards all made with card from the Adorable Scorable Pearl Bouquet card pack
 
Info
I made a card blank from a sheet of the green card, then embossed the white side of an off-cut with a leafy embossing folder and lightly inked over it.
I cut both the plain and fancy layers of the largest of the butterflies in two shades of the lilac card. A scrap of black card was used to cut the vody section, then the layers were adhered together and some black gems added along the body.
I added a strip of the lighter lilac card across the the embossed panel and added the die cut sentiment in the darker shade. The butterfly was glued in place, leaving the wings free
To finish I added 3 sizes of lilac gems in a pattern along the panel, plys a few down the lower edge

Here's the die set I'm using
Moonstone Dies by Hunkydory - Beautiful Butterflies
I've used card in the cream and a deep peachy shades, plus the two smaller sizes of butterflies for my next card:
 Info
To start with I cut apertures in the front panel using the plain shapes of the two smaller butterflies, matted this panel onto the deeper coloured card, then adhered to the cream base layer.
I inked up both sides of some card scraps in pinky-peachy-orangey shades and used these pieces to cut the plain and fancy butterfly layers.
As before these were glued in place just on the central body area so that the wings could sit up.
To finish I added a sentiment sticker and a lot if teeny tiny iridescent 'sequin' stars.


 

Next I have a few photos of projects I've already blogged using these products.  If you want to see more about these, scroll back through my recent posts to find them.  I've waffled on long enough!



No butterflies on this one, I just wanted to show more of the gorgeous card!

And finally. here's a tiny sneak peek from the project I'll blog here tomorrow.  I've cut these dies using quite a few different media; paper, thin card, thick 350gsm card, and for this butterfly I've added a couple of layers of vellum to the mix.  They have cute beautifully through everything I've tried them with!

So that's all for this time, if you missed my home decor Butterfly Garden project, please click HERE to see it.. 

Anyway, that's it for today, thank you for coming by - please leave a message 
before you go - I would LOVE to hear what you think about this project

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards and designs Kathy fabulous butterflies

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous I love them all. The butterflies are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creations Kathy - I can see how you've got carried away with all those goodies you've received. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great butterfly cards a loving the color combo, esp the orange one