Friday, May 31, 2019

Secret Hideaway

Hello 

I hope you’ve had a good week and have a lovely weekend planned. 
If it’s a bit dull and dreary where you are, as it is here this morning, perhapsa spot of crafting would be good- like joining in with our new challenge!
Maybe thoughts of warm sunshine were in my mind when I made my card for Joanne’s challenge to The Daring Cardmakers this week!
Secret Hideaway

This week I would like you to create a card with a hidden element.
Perhaps a camouflage/eclipse sentiment with
die cut words or letters, or a pocket to tuck
something into.,
Or add a flap to conceal a surprise image or sentiment...
My card for this week features a Secret Hideaway in two ways, firstly the doors hide the secret element then they open to reveal my own perfect Secret Hideaway!

L

Info

I started by making the doors, hand cutting the shape and adding various shades of ink to both sides to create the old, distressed wood look. I drew lines to look like the planks then cut the piece down the centre.  I added ‘hinges’ to the outer edges (because I forgot to allow for them w hen I cut the original
shape!)



For the wall I adhered paper to a piece of card the same size as the base card


cut out the doorway shape and glued the gate in place using the hinges. Next I cut pieces of paper covered card and glued in place to make the stone archway, added a latch to the gate and a potted plant to stand by it. 

..

open the gates and you find a lovely view of a terrace overlooking the sea and a couple of potted plants. 
I found the picture online and resized it to fit the aperture made by the gates. It was slid up between the card base and the top layer before everything was stuck in place. 

I wouldn’t mind opening my doors to this view, would you?



Anyway, that’s it from me for this time, I’d love to know what you think, so please leave a message in the comments




Thanks for looking 

Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love how you have hidden that beautiful scene. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely and sweet card Kathy

gr karin

Shabneez said...

Very clever Kathy - super take on the challenge! Shabneez x

Angelnorth said...

A lovely sunny outlook - a perfect secret hideaway! Love the interactivity of this, great card Kathy!

Andree said...

A super fun card Kathy and a fabulous design xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a great card idea. Lovely

Katie said...

Fabulous card

Svenja said...

Such a sweet, fresh take on the theme - you took my right to Greece! I love the perspective you've created.