Tuesday, May 07, 2019

One Big Balloon

Hello 

I hope you had a good Bank Holiday weekend - not too long before the next one either!
Today I’ve  a balloon card to share which was inspired by my lovely friend Joanne made for the balloon challenge of a couple of weeks back over on the Daring Cardmakers. 
Joanne’s was stamped but of course I don’t do much of that sort of thing so I had to come up with a different plan

Info

I scribbled some shades of blue Gelatos onto my card blank where the balloon would cover any messy boys then used a wet wipe to move the colour around for the background. 
 I inked up a piece of card with a few shades of orange and red to give depth of colour and used a large circle die to cut the balloon. I also cut a triangle with a wavy lower edge for the bit you blow into!
The balloon shape was adhered in place, then the overhangs trimmed off and the Bakers Twine string attached.
The  ‘happy’ word is made with Thickers letters (I found a whole box full of sticky alphas of various types that I’d forgotten about so I need to start using them), and ‘birthday’ is a sentiment rub-on. 
To give a bit of shine to the balloon I applied a layer of slightly diluted PVA glue over the whole area. Usually I’d use Glossy Accents to get this kind os effect, but this balloon would have taken a whole pot and I’m not that generous.


That’s all for this time, thanks for visiting





5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy I love this card it has a fabulous design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

it looks beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Sylvia said...

Love how you created the balloon, this fun birthday card will certainly put a smile on the recipient's face.

Sylv xx

Angelnorth said...

I’ve been typecast - not guilty m’lud! No stamps involved in my balloon, just circle die and freehand bobbly bit. So you were even more inspired than you thought since you achieved your lovely balloon in much the same way - love the bit of blue sky background and the bold sentiment!

Shabneez said...

Great way of making the balloon Kathy! Shabneez x