Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy busy Rush rush

I've not been the best of bloggers lately, always seem to be running to catch up!
I've been crafting away like a madwoman but a lot of what I'm making I can't show yet. I'll put some sneak peeks on in a minute though.
Firstly something I can show is my little card for today's Daring Cardmakers Little Extra.
We're still trying to get those Christmas cards made, so this time our theme for the midweek challenge is
"Piles of Parcels"
Actually you can just have ONE parcel on your card if you like - it's just that having 2 "Ps" in the title sounded better! There are more cards on this theme on the DCM blog, so please pop along and check them out - and join in too if you can, we do love to see everyone's "take" on our challenges
I'm still trying to find the quick and easy card that I'm happy with and can churn out lots of without getting bored, but atm I've still not been inspired in my quest.

Here's my little parcels card using SEI papers. I like it, but too much fiddly cutting out for "mass" production!The first version had a doodled gold frame but that was a bad idea, it looks better kept simple!
This flower is on the front of a project I've just finished, I'll show more of that soon.



This panel on the left is a detail from a card I've just finished. It's for the shop I'm designing for so I can't show the whole thing.

I've got a commission for a couple of cards and got one of them finished today, it's one I've been trying to figure out an idea for for ages so I'm quite relieved to have got it done. I'll do a picture tomorrow - it was too dark by the time I'd finished it today.

That's the lot.
Apart from mentioning that the renovations are coming along nicely. The tiling in the bathrooms is nearly finished, one of the showers went in today, and although we are still trudging downstairs to use the loo I'm hopeful that at least one of the upstairs ones will be usable soon. The new bedroom furniture is due to be fitted on Friday and hubby has made a good start on all the painting. Fingers crossed that if we get the new carpets sorted out soon we might even be back in our eoom by the end of the month - or maybe I shouldn't start counting "dem chooks"

7 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Lovely cards Kathy ,realy gorgeous.Dawnx

My Paper World said...

Your little presents look fab!

Beth said...

Kathy, I am always impressed with your cards, think I always say the same too, lol, but you know what I mean. They are always different, and very much worth looking at. XX
This window popped up about 10 minutes after I clicked to comment, lol. Ah well.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kathy. I love the presents.:)
Vanessa.

Kaz said...

Those sneaky peeks look very intriguing I'll be keeping a look out to see the whole projects soon.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, the presents are so funky

Anonymous said...

fab cards:)