A nice quiet weekend for us, good weather too, that must be two weekends running.....
Hubby is still sorting out his new pc getting all his stuff installed on it. These things seem to take a long time.
I dsicovered that not only can you pay for and print postage labels off for UK mail via the Royal Mail website, but you can also do the same for overseas mail too - and do the customs decalration stuff aswell. So yesterday morning I packed up and weighed Gillian's copy of Papercraft Inspirations magazine (the one with the Daring Cardmakers in) and took it up to the postbox in time for the Sunday lunchime collection so, Gill, it's on it's way and should be in Australia in a few days time :-)
In the afternoon I went out into the garden to do a bit of digging/weeding - it's incredible how hard and dry the ground is - you'd think after all the rain we've had it would still be easy to dig - well it's not! On the spur of the moment we jumped into the car and popped over to one of the garden centres in the next town from us. On the way there it started to rain. In fact it threw down on us - the sort of rain that requires full-speed windsreen-wiper action. Looking for shrubby plants in the pouring rain isn't much fun! Still, we managed to spend the vouchers we got for Christmas and kept forgetting we had, so that was a result.
Strangely though, driving back to our own town we realised the ground was completely dry - not a sign of rain at all, so I was good for a change and went straight out to plant the new plants. It's part of my campaign to plant so much "proper" stuff that there's no room left for the weeds and ivy that threaten to take over the whole garden. I wonder if it'll work?
I've done quite a bit of crafting over the last few days. I'll try to do some sneak peeks of some of it to put on here (good idea Lynne!), but here are a couple of cards I made with my newly acquired Cuttlebug Paisley die.
I've used the July SA Kit, for both cards (it was nearest....).
I added a bit of lilac and stayed away from the yellow in the kit
Also used Stickles glitter glue and Perfect Pearls
matching gems and brads
I used some bits of the yellow from the kit this time and cut the frill and greeting on my Robo, otherwise pretty similar ingredients.
This one started out quite differently - but it was such a disaster that drastic measures had to be taken. Some of it I quite like, but some I'm not happy with.
Nice die though - it's a bit fiddly but worth having in the box!