Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just a Quickie

I've been out blackberry picking this afternoon....in my back garden!
Last year we had huge amounts, I put bagfuls in the freezer and gave loads away too. Not so many this year, but they are starting to ripen up nicely and I've already put one pie sized bagful in the freezer. Mind you the weather was a darn sight better last year so I'm not really expecting as big a crop. I might make some muffins tomorrow with the latest bowlful.....

Today I've finally managed to make my card for tomorrow's new DCM dare - it was touch and go for a while as the card I eventually finished was my THIRD effort! Then, all the bits for the first of the rejected ones just fell into place, so now I have two and I'm no longer feeling the panic that was beginning to set in back there.
Anyway, one card to show today, it's another teddy card, this time to say "well done" to Niece Aimee for doing so well in her GCSEs

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Aimee will love that - it's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for your comment. This is a really cute and gorgeous card and I love the colours too.

If you haven't been to Newbiggin by the Sea for a while, you'll be surprised to see that they've nearly finished rebuilding the promenade, creating a new beach and they've put a statue in the water too. Its looking pretty good.:)

Cora said...

This is so much fun. I love all the paper piecing.

Unknown said...

I think your bears are so cute Kathy. You kindly sent me the instructions but I have yet to use them (sorry!) Note to self - get your bum into gear and get crafting.... LOL