Tuesday, August 21, 2007

All Floral

Remember the sneak peeks from last week? Well, a few weeks ago, Caroline of Bubbly Funk fame asked me if I'd be interested in doing a Guest Designer spot for the shop, specifically on the flowers I've been making recently for my cards. I was so thrilled - and even more excited when the "few bits to play with" she promised to send turned out to be a pizza box full of deliciousness! There was paper, card, ribbon, little embellishments and of course some flowers - chipboard in every size, felt, cork, card,....all sorts of lovely stuff. And not only that, but Caroline gave me free rein to use my own stash too. I've had a whale of a time playing with it all and I've done three projects for the shop - I would have done more but time beat me - and I felt dismally to come up with any bright ideas for the cork flowers - but I can't give in so I'm still working on it..... Anyway, the flower projects are now up in the BF shop so I can post some proper photos of the cards I made with them. The one above is made with those fab "Silver Lining" papers from We Are Memory Keepers, a chipboard flower and one form the DCWV Paper Posies bubble pack. The second one is sei paper, a chipboard flower covered with UTEE, paper flowe and felt flower The third flower I made is this one: I've not actually used this one on a card yet - in fact I can't even find it, must be buried somewhere - probably under a pile of stuff (Kathy blushes)
I've made a couple of cards using the same method - one even made it to the Basic Grey Gallery which was very exciting! The other was this tiny version made for a certain Wedding card...















Thanks Caroline for giving me such a great topic to work on and for letting me play with flowers to my heart's content - I had such a great time!

I know there are a few of the sneakies still unaccounted for but I can't show those ones yet.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy, the cards are wonderful!

The instructions you gave are so clear, precise and simple to follow, made especially so by he fab photos that you gave to accompany them!

Well done, smarty pants! LOL

xx

Di said...

Have to agree with Rosie, fantastic instructions, really clear, I'm off to have a play.

Great stuff Kathy.....think I've said that somewhere before *wink*

mum-on-the-run said...

Wow, love all your flowers Kathy!!

I LOVE the top card and will now be in search of those papers :D

Lynne said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy.
I'm going to have a go with your instructions for the circle flower.

Leigh said...

all absolutely stunning!!

Pearl said...

Congrats on the DT spot, Kathy ! wonderful flowers & cards here ! Amazing !

stamp and scrape said...

The flowers are stunning - love the papers that you use too.
Ros

debby4000 said...

Wow fantastic cards

Hazel said...

Such gorgeous work, Kathy! Congrats on being the guest designer!

Angelnorth said...

Great stuff Kathy, the top flower especially looks very textural and lush.

Could you combine the cork with 'natural' type stuff maybe? Perhaps something like raffia loops and matte glass beads for a sea-washed kind of look.

Jackie said...

Love the top card! I have just added a 'Kathy' inspired card to my blog, I didn't realise you had written instructions. It might have turned out better if I'd read them :))

Anonymous said...

OMG I missed these beauties !!!! great job on these cards and the flowers are gorgeous !!! congrats to be a guest designer ! this is so deserved !

Sam said...

I love how so many things you make are so colourful. Wonderful stuff!

Kathleen Pitt said...

oh my wow, these are gorgeous, I so LOVE that first card and then the little one on the wedding card, just darling! clever girl