Jane plonked this scary challenge on us then went off to her bed on the other side of the world leaving us with our mouths hanging open in shock! If you've already checked the Daring Cardmakers blog you'll see that eventually everyone came up trumps though.
These two cards used the same stuff. The backing papers are glossy card, the sort you print photos on, I spritzed the pieces with water then dripped food colouring on one piece and placed another on top then squidged the colouring around a bit between the two. I loved the vivid colours, I'd never tried this before and was amazed at the results - and they dried really quickly too so no hanging around waiting.
The embellishments are shrink plastic coloured with Brilliance inks - I used cotton balls to dab the ink on and move it around as shrinking intensifies the colours so you need to be careful not to overdo it.
Normally I do SP with a heatgun, but this time I used the oven and it was MUCH easier. I put the SP pieces on baking parchment on a baking tray, another piece of parchment on top, then another baking tray to keep it all nice and flat. This worked a treat, no more wrestling with curly SP for me, I'll use the oven from now on. Karen's card has SP squares wound tih crinkly wire and a few beads, the "K" was SP just hand cut, shrunk then topped with Glossy Accents. The rest of the letters are QK Katie Classic alphabet.
The flowers on the 2nd card were cut from the inked SP with a giant punch, and ended up about4cms after shrinking. I used spare coloured card to make the tiny flowers in the centres. The gold crinkly wire is there just to add a bit of extra interest, the torn paper and the flowers are edged with gold krylon pen.
Using Hundreds and Thousands was my first plan, but the first effort went Disasterously, HORRIBLY wrong.......my tip is - Don't use Glossy Accents over 100s & 1000s! The prototype is still a squidgy mess and all the colours have run into each other. Maybe I'll add a photo to prove my point!
The 2ns attempt uses double sided tape to cover the heart pattern, then I sealed it with Plastikote sealent stuff - better, but I don't think I'd risk it in the post.
I used letters from most of my alphabets to add to the 100s & 1000s theme, they took ages to cut and arrange and tbh I'm not really happy with the result.
Still this whole Dare thing is about rising to the challenge and sometimes you win and sometimes you make a red, squidgy gooey mess.....
Right, now over to YOU!