Friday, October 20, 2006

My cards for the Very First Dare

OK, so the first theme for our wonderful new Daring Cardmakers blog is FRIENDS - a good choice for a newly gathered group of crafting buddies. Some of us know each other already, but there are new friends on the team too, and of course we all hope that we will make lots more new friends from all over the world through the blog.

All our cards are shown on the new site, but we'll all be adding more info about them on our own blogs, so please check them out for the low-down on what we've used.

What is a friend?


Paper is all from Blonde Moments "Spring Fling" range. The alphabet is "Katie Classic" by Quickutz as are the teapot, hearts and rosebud on the tags
The quote tags are decorated with brass charms, eyelets, paper rose, ribbons and fibres from various suppliers



Friendship is like a garden....


Pink hearts paper is from the Blonde Moments "Sugar Dumpling" range and the striped one is Junkitz Pop Rock Skinny Stripes.
Pixie Press vellum, shaded with a chalk ink pad
Loads of Prima flowers (I feel quite brave having used that many on one card :-))
Brads and ribbons from my stash

8 comments:

Clare said...

love the first challenge kathy!!

and - I nearly fell off my seat when you said Newbiggin.... thats where Im from (till I was 7 and my parents divorced) and my Dad still lives there! its a small world!

Kathy said...

How freaky is that then - our first comment and it's from "the girl almost next door"!
We moved south when we were kids, but some of the family still live up there so we do visit when we get the chance.

Great to meet you and it's going to be fantastic to have someone who can tell me where the best places to crafty shop are for my next trip up there!

Found the craft central place in Cramlington last time, but I'm sure there must be more.

Clare said...

theres not a whole load - but a few! theres a shop in the chantry in Morpeth - not been yet but the girls on uks say its ok! and in Blyth we have Kates Kloths who does a LOT of cardmaking/scrapping stuff but shes TINY so more than 3 customers in there and your scuppered LOL. Also we got a Hobbycraft up at team valley - its not wonderful but occassionally you can get some nice bits - and theres a craft warehouse at Benton in the industial units oposite asda. Next time you are up we will have to try meet up for a coffee and a stash reccie LOL

Oblibby said...

Amazing cards Kathy. I really must get some chalks and learn how to use them (perhaps I can sweet talk Rhi into showing me next weekend).

I'm so excited about Daring Cardmakers - going to pick up loads of inspiration and get of my lazy behind and do the dare every week.

Rachel said...

gorgeous cards Kathy, gonna try later to have a go for the first challenge

Anonymous said...

Love the cards kathy.....and I agree what a great topic to kick the first challenge off with....how exciting...

Paula J Atkinson said...

Hi, being the nosey so & so I am, I stopped by to see the wedding card.... it is gorgeous!!!!!
I've had a quick butchers at all the rest of your beautiful designs & will be stopping by again more regularly...
I'm at a wedding on Monday & couldn't post my card as my sis reads my blog!!! It is a straight forward embossed cake using two colours of powders..gold & pearl. I love embossing but forget I have the stuff... better storage me thinks is on the cards....

Anonymous said...

Love the cards Kathy and thanks for your comments on my blog too. Small world isn't it - Newbiggin is literally 'down the road' from Blyth. Not much in the way of craft shops round here now, though we have an on-line store (still in it's infancy).

Take care and happy crafting. Oh, and keep up the good work with the cardmaking challenges...

Tracey x