Friday, September 29, 2023

Under and Over, repeat...

Hello

Welcome to my little crafting place! 
 
Today I’m sharing my card for this week’s Daring Cardmakers challenge, and this time it was my own turn to come up with an idea!

 Under and Over, repeat...
This one is all about weaving! 
You could do some actual weaving with paper strips or yarn... 
or use a stamp or embossing folder with a woven patters... 
or add some woven fabric...
There are lots of possibilities and I can't wait to see what you will make!

As usual, I have absolutely no idea why I came up with the challenge idea, and then had no idea what to make - its 'a thing' that we all struggle with our cards on our own challenges! 🤣
 
Then I remembered my big box of tiny spools of fibresand thought I could use some to do some actual weaving
The weaving turned out colourful and very textural so I didnt think it needed much else to work ok.  So I went throungh a bag of pearly and glittery card scraps and die cut some stars in different shapes and sizes, and a few little hearts for good measure.
 
For the sentiment I used an old, and much used Spellbinders die plus black and white card.  I cut three white layers and one blackj and glued them together to give a bit of stability when I glued it on top of the woven fibres


 
I'll add a separate post with how I did the weaving in case anyone is interested in having a go
 

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
 
Kathy xx

 







 

 

No comments: