Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Keep On Running!


Hello

Welcome to my little crafting place! 
 
For a change this isn't a catch up post for something made months back but a card made for my running-mad nephew's birthday in September
 
Also for a change, there are no dies used on this card!
Instead I downlioaded an image from the net and used it to make a template for the running shoe. This was then resized to fit in a DL envelope.  I made three copies of the template on copier paper as its a pain if you're half way through cutting out all the pieces and find you need another one!
Its relatively easy to make shaped cards this way, you just have to work out where your fold will be, or it this case where to add some kind of margin or tab (its behind the heel) as I didn't have a sheet of card big enough to cut the whole background card in one piece
I used Bazzill card for all of this one - the textured card helps it look more 'real' than smooth kind.  All the sections were  hand-cut with scissors.
I did get a message to say he loved it so it was worth the effort!
 

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
 
Kathy xx
 






 

No comments: