Friday, September 08, 2023

Back to Collage

 




  Hello

Welcome to my little crafting place! 
 
Its another Daring Cardmakes Friday and our lovely, very talented Rizwana has  set the challenge for this week: 
 
Collage It!
I would love to see your cards using collage techniques.
You can use anything from magazine cut outs, patterned papers, bits of fabric or anything you have in your stash that
you can use as collage.
Have fun!!
Well. I definitely took the 'have fun' bit on board and I had an absolute ball making this the other day! I've always enjoyed making this kind of card - there's no right or wrong way to do it and if something looks wrong, just take it off or cover it up! The only hard bit is getting started.
As soon as I saw the challenge I knew it would be a great excuse to make a rose As I said, the hardest part is starting but having decided to use one of my favourite stencils (it has a fading diamonds pattern) and I decided on the colour theme simply by opening my drawer of mousses and interesting pastes to see what appealed!
In the end I chose black ink, gold mousse and red Glacier paste and randomly addrd them through the stencil.
Once your colours are chosen its easier because you can look through your stash for other things that match! 
After the stencilling my next layer was patterned paper - I had a feeling an old MME Lost and Found collection would match so dug that out. I cut strips from a few of the designs to make an overlapping design - finding the glittery banner piece was a bonus!
 
 
I wanted to add other textures so next I collected threads, fibres, lace and a piece of wide hessian 'ribbon' to add in. The tassel was made from unravelled black fibre, with gold thread wound around and to hang it with.
The red Glacier paste gave such an interesting sheen on the stencilled bit that I decided it would look amazing on the rose so before I cut all the petal pieces I covered a piece of red card with the paste - be warned, it took a while to dry! 
I actually made three roses but in the end the largest was enough on its own 
I die cut a couple of swirls from the same set as the flower used for the roses. I thought using the green would help lift everything else.
I added strands of gold and red thread curled under the sentiment and a few enamel dots to complete the card. I hope you like it!

 

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
 
Kathy x
 




 

No comments: