Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Glittery Stencilled Christmas

 

 hi there

I hope your week is going well so far - I had a really grotty day yesterday - the sort where only the duvet will do! Feeling better today though, so hopefully a duvet day did the trick!

We had another quiet weekend - to be fair, all the weekends are 'quiet' these days!OH was in the garage. tarting up the old cupboards he's bought for his new storage, and I sat at my craft desk and got glittery!

 I had a lot of fun experimenting with glitter paste and stencils and thought I'd share what happened with you today

 

Always on the look out for a short-cut when making Christmas cards I decided to take a risk and try stencilling directly on to some card blanks - these are some I've already run through the printer to add our Christmas message to the insides - again, a short cut!

Having done a few images just using a single colour of glitter paste, I got a bit adventurous and decided to add some more colours to the same images

Info
These are 12x12cm card blanks
Nuvo Glitter Paste by  Tonic Studios
Both stencils by Funky Fossil
I've added guidelines with a Sharpie pen to frame the snowflake design and 
help line it up with the edges of the card/
A strip of washi tape holds the stencil in place, but allows me to lift it up to check the design has stencilled properly
To begin with I used a pink glitter paste
I wiped my spatula and w
ithout moving the stencil spread some
 gold glitter gel over some areas. 
Then I removed the stencil to leave this pattern
Once dry I added a gem to the centre and a black and white printed sentiment
 
Here's thee rest of the cards made using a couple of stencils, different colours of glitter paste and some gems, printed sentiments, the odd die cut and some gold thread
 
Rather than clean the stencils between uses, I taped another card in place and spread the remaining glitter paste through to the new card - you can just lift the stencil while its still attached at the top to check how the pattern looks and add more paste if required.
 
That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, ots always lovely to know you're not talking to yourself

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. What a lovely collection they make. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

So sorry you've been down Kathy - hope things improve. Absolutely loving these. I need to batch make cards too and haven't made a single one as yet. It's the time though or lack of in my case! Sending hugs, Shabneez x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow these are gorgeous cards Kathy
Gr Karin

Svenja said...

What an assembly of beauty!