Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Framed Flower, and a Good Service 'Shout Out'


 hi there

I hope your week is going well so far - at least its finally stopped raining here/  My word, did we have some rain over the last few days!

As usual, I've got behind with blogging the things I've been making, so today I've a birthday card from August to share with you. this one was for the birthday of one of our nieces. 

Great Service Shout Out - Tonic Studios!

I had this LO in mind and really wanted to use the Scribbled Square frame set from Tonic Studios - I have the circles, hearts and squares sets and love them!  Ever since they arrived I've had bother cutting the largest of the squares, I tried again for this card - tried everything I knew that might get the die to cut but had no luck.  So I got in touch with Tonic Studios, explained my issue and told them all the different things I'd tried - and within a few days a brand new set of Scribbled Squares that cut properly popped through my letterbox.

Isn't it refreshing when you get service as good as Tonic's?  Thank you especially to Sarah on the Customer Support Desk

However, it was too late to use for this card, so I had to improvise!

 

Info
Square white card with a black and white striped and notched piece adhered across it
I stencilled a pale aqua square shaped onto a separate piece of card then framed it with very narrow strips of black card.
This panel was cut out and adhered over the patterned strip
For the flower and swirly 'stem' I inked white thin card in yellow and green, then used a couple of die sets from Tonic Studios. For the flower centre I used Black Stickles. 
To finish I added the sentiment and a few tiny clear gems
 The Black and White elements were pc generated.


 That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, You've no idea how happy it makes me when someone leaves a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe
    

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card and design Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Super creation and yes Tonic do have very good customer service! Shabneez x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely happy-looking card, Kathy! Lovely to hear of good customer service too, you'll have to show us something with the actual die cut so we can compare your improvised solution (which looks fab).

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a wonderful layout with these awesome die cuts. Beautiful